one good run today...

CrazyDavey

took the Shovel to Barona (1/8th mile) today. The first run was the only one I got in. It was not an all out pass (short shifted at 5000) but it hooked fairly good. After that I came down with a wiring issue, everytime I tried to launch the car it would blow the fuel pump fuse..it's always something but I'm pretty jazzed at the potential now!!!

6.87 @ 100.60 with a 1.55 60........ gringringrin

Wow, you are getting faster every time, not just a little but several tenths each time. That calculates out to a 1/4 Mile ET of 10.82 at 124.74 mph...shocked.gif

thanks Bill/Mike....I'm still on a cloud, I couldn't believe it when I got that slip. I know I left some on table, I think it's gonna go into the low 70's, maybe even tip toe into the 60's....I'm getting carried away....but...... grin

What's cool to me is that it didn't go over 5000 rpm on that run

Originally Posted By: Shadow Gray SS
How much would a 240lb passenger slow you down? whistle

funny, I was thinking...if I could lose 25 lbs....... wink

Hey, I did that with my 71 earlier this year. Put my 6'2" 140 pound Jamaican behind the wheel at the track. I am a solid 300 pounds. MvLovin (Fabian) launches it, pulls a 1.87 short (best ever) and promply short shifts from first to third, than back to second. The car still went 12.20 @109.

FTR Davey, 107 in the 1/8 on Bu got me 130 even. 108 in the 1/8th got my 132 in Turbo Kitty. Your training is coming along nicely, Crazy Davey.

But I want to run 151 and buy a parachute!!!

Andy

Sam it's interesting how the mph differs from car to car. From what I see at the various tracks your mph is stellar in both venues. Maybe it's gear or motor rpm's, mine has never seen 5800 so it's a low rpm motor. I see a lot of LT1/LS1 Camaro type cars that have unusually high mph compared to cars that run the same ET.

It hasn't been to the 1/4 yet with this setup so we'll see... crazyDavey

WOW shocked Way to go Dave. Your really starting to get the Velle dialed in. Your 60' time is smoke'en. Bummer about the fuse on the f/p. Sounds like you may have a short of some type maybe a loose connection. Do you run a relay?

Keep up the good work!!! yay

David

Great Run Dave!

Have you done anything to your Carburetor at all? Seems the secret is a well prepped track!

mad Ware Shoals errrrr

After the Monte is painted and SC warms back up, I'm coming for ya lol

thanks Tommy.....Don't know about 9's but I feel it is a respectable car now...

Dave, I think there is a short condition somewhere but it only seems to happen when I launch the car....weird....

Jared, remember I have a Prosystems carb... crazyDavey

Crazy D , I was just saying it's hard to belive that your that close to the 9's. In the past my brother had a 10 second small tire car that was street legal. At the track we got a kick out of seeing how many all out big tire race cars that were slower than his car. smile Tommy

thanks Tommy.....Don't know about 9's but I feel it is a respectable car now...

Dave, I think there is a short condition somewhere but it only seems to happen when I launch the car....weird....

Jared, remember I have a Prosystems carb... crazyDavey

Look for wires a little loose in the engine compartment, or under the dash--ones that might swing when you hit the gas! That's a good problem to have! Too much torque!

better than last week that's for sure Scott!!

Just want to make sure we find the issue and not just throw things at it. Would hate to get to the meet in two weeks and have the same problem again. Going to look for things as you suggest..Davey...