How much should a vintl top installed cost?

mrsnstr

I believe that to be a fair price. I just had the shop who did my seats quote new vinyl top, new headliner, and new carpet installed for $1500 (tax included). I really want to do this and a couple of other things which totals about $2500 altogether.

But, I might have to put off again due to the work in our shop is a little slow. I wanted to have this done for the Eastern Meet and the NMCOA Nationals. Oh well, patience, patience.

When I had my car painted last year, the body shop wanted over $500 and that was with me providing the vinyl top. $400 sounds like a good price, but "buyer beware".

When I had my car painted last year, the body shop wanted over $500 and that was with me providing the vinyl top. $400 sounds like a good price, but "buyer beware".

Jack,good advise,make sure they know what there doing.Ask to see some other installations.

In 2006 I had a guy install my headliner and vinyl top for $500.00 labor for both. Thought I was getting a deal. He was a friend of the mechanic in Vegas that jacked me around on my car and kept a bunch of my parts. Anyways when I saw the completed top and headliner I was fairly pleased. Looked pretty good. Later after closer inspection I found he did a poor job. The seams are off on the top (like 2 inches) and after I got it back to Seattle I went through all my parts and found I have no ear muff panels. I also recomend requesting to see at least pics of other tops installed. In person would be best but thats kinda hard sometimes. I would have gladly paid more money to someone who does good work. Sometimes a deal isn't much of a deal if its not right.

• 6 months later...

I have done seven so far myself and they are not that hard to do. Again, patience and attention to detail makes for a fine job. It is really just a matter of getting the top centered on the roof. But it does not hurt the job to the fact I am 6'7". Makes it a whoile lot easier when you can reach to center of the top. The first couple I used 3M Super Weatherstrip adhesive. The last four I went to Lowes and grabbed contact cement and a couple of throw away paint brushes. The contact cement is much more forgiving when restretching the top to get the wrinkles out.

And all Montes need a hat.

Andy

Whats you schedule like toward the end of next year Mike? I can do steak

My schedule is open except for the weekend of the Eastern Meet. If you bring the materials to the meet we could install it during bench racing. The mix of glue and adult beverages might make the job go even better! lol