Whats everyones Monte run and there combo

speedfreak71

I've done a quick search but haven't found a thread on this board with E.T. and combination info from you guys (Monte Carlo's)that frequent the track. And I'd love to hear what you guys have and your times. Maybe even one thread that you tell what changes you have made and what E.T difference you got from it. Just a thought smile

i built my own 350.. it's basicly a stock build. Summit Racing cam (214/224 @ .050 .442/.465) , forged flat top pistons (9.75ish:1), stock crank and rods, exhaust only port matched heads, edelbrock performer RPM intake with a holley 650 dual feed vac. secondary carb and 1" spacer. and another 1" spacer between the air cleaner and carb. MSD 6AL ignition box with blasater 2 coil and MSD ProBillet dist.

add to that a 700r4 over drive trans and 3.55:1 axle with a fried posi.

so far, 14.234 @ 95.95mph is my best on 10x26 MT ET drags smile

anything else I can help you with? lol

(sorry my engine bay is such a mess in these pics)

DSC02406.JPG DSC02407.JPG

It was years ago that I had mine on the track but it had a 400 sb .060 over with flat tops. 441 casting heads with 2.02/1.60's 1.5 roller tips, gasket matched to a Team G Street Ram single plane intake, a 750 Holley, Crower solid flat tappet cam .496/.502 lift 236/240 @ .050. Dual point Mallory mech advance dist. An almost stock stall converter. It was suppose to be a 2700 stall but it acted more like a stock one. Then the weakest part was my combo... A 2.73 single track rear.

Still got it down the track for a best run of 13.999 @ 99 mph in 2nd gear at about 5400 rpm... smile

My Monte is slow compared to others on the board. ET/MPH is in the sig. Engine is a pump gas 385 10.25 :1 Pro Topline heads 200 cc in runner 64 cc CC. Cammotion custom grind hydro flat tappet ( can't recall the exact grind numbers need to find the card) Prosystem 780 mechanical carb and a Edelbrock RPM Air Gap.

If you like I can post the entire build via PM.

David

My time is in my sig.

Motor is a crate ZZ502 pretty much untouched, as far as what I have on the car so I can play at the track and not break anything here's the long list...CLICK HERE.

Best time so far like it says in the sig is 11.67 hoping for better times this year.

Same motor 505 big block with eddy heads and a RPM airgap

Went with bigger valves (2.25)

More cam: old, 236/242@.050 .639/646 lift solid roller. New, 247/252@.050 .663/.670 lift billet solid roller with 4/7 swap

More Carb old, 870 vac secondary. new, pro systems 986 DP

More gear, 3.42 to 4.11

Converter change 2500 to Coan 3800

Going to be interesting!

I've got the fastest set of wheels in town....REALLY

1973 454 Pass Car block...040 over

Pro-Systems Carb

MSD Ign with pro billet dist

Erson Cam

Pro-Comp Heads

KB Pistons

Weiand Stealth Intake thats purty!

Holley mech fuel pump

26" tall, 10" wide M/T slicks

Built by Richard Savage

6 Point Roll Cage

Stock Fuel Tank

Holley mech fuel pump w/reg

Turbo 350 Trans built by Cooks Racing Transmission(can't beat there price)

4:11 Gear Strange Axles Positraction

The sorriest suspension you could have, 30 year old front shocks and spings, i'm not even gonna talk about the rear.

Best ET 7.41@92 MPH in the 1/8 mile on the worst prepared local track at the end of race season.

1.63 60 ft if I remember correctly

Now for 2010

Updating suspension all the way around to a more Drag Race setup, I'll leave it at that for now. grin

Line Lock

And some other stuff I have the $$$ to do.