New Bullet almost ready to run

dbreese

Just about ready to put the engine on the break-in stand. Gonna fire it up next week and check things over to make sure there are no issues before we head off to the engine dyno. Here are a few shots of engine. I'm getting excited. I'll make sure I get video of the initial run in and when we make the pulls on the dyno.

IMG_1107.jpg

IMG_1106.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1104.jpg

David

Looking awesome David cool. And to think, you promised me you would be ready for the 2010 Eastern Meet whistle

I see some nice quality parts there. Good decision on the damper, you won't be disappointed. Is that a Zoop's forged aluminum crank pulley? I know I mentioned those guys to you and my experience with them on some of my engines. Hey, and dont forget the rest of the crank pulley bolts ;), I think you will need them. Keep us posted. - Dave

• 2 weeks later...

OK Guys and Gals. Spent a long day at the shop. Got the beast fired off shocked. I'm exhausted.... heat index was 115 today and we had Murphys Law working against us all day long. It took me a little while to get the vids downloaded on the puter and right now I'm just to worn out to screw with photobucket so I'll post the vids up and give a brief explanation on each clip tomorrow.

Got to get up at 0430 hrs and go to work. Early bird catches the worm!!LOL

David

Ok. Im trying to transfer my video from the puter to my photobucket acct. Files are to big. How do I get it to transfer? Edit them so they are smaller I guess? How is that done?

While we had the engine on the stand on Monday we found two small oil leaks.....more like drops. This was quickly resolved and I took off a little early today from work and stopped by the shop. We fired her up again and it was truly mechanical music. On the stand it idled at 1300 rpm and was pulling almost 12" of vacuum. Winged the throttle several times and with no load it went to 6 grand real quick. The headers were some that we borrowed from a friend. Way small and were not a d-port design. Temps were good with a smallish radiator and electric fan and a moroso electric water pump. Oil pressure was 80psi cold idle and 45psi idle once we were able to get it to operating temp. Hit the throttle and it would jump to 70 psi. Oil is Valvoline 30w race oil. Havent even touched the carb and timing is locked at 34 degrees. I'm going to make arrangements for dyno time in the next week or so.

As soon as I find out how to get the vids to photobucket I'll post them. Sorry it is taking so long.

David