Sumping A Fuel Tank

Andy's Auto

My brother had a "street/strip" car with a 5 gal. fuel cell. He had to take it on a trailer and unload it on the outskirts of town to go to a car show that was any distance from his house. I guess at that point it's a street driven race car?????

That's kinda funny...alot of people do that with a trailer queen show car too, park the trailer a couple blocks away and ride in like they drove it the whole way... lol

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: TommyP
My brother had a "street/strip" car with a 5 gal. fuel cell. He had to take it on a trailer and unload it on the outskirts of town to go to a car show that was any distance from his house. I guess at that point it's a street driven race car?????

That's kinda funny...alot of people do that with a trailer queen show car too, park the trailer a couple blocks away and ride in like they drove it the whole way... lol

Ha, That's nothing. You should see the tens of thousands of people that trailer their bikes to Sturgis....

I can understand the trailering to the races, stuff breaks. But the events cruise-ins and shows, not so much.

winston, I used to put my slicks in the back seat, drive 20 minutes to the track, swap the slicks on, race all day, swap back to street tires and drive home..

only breakage I ever had was driving home with nearly no brakes thanks to a bad M/C

I remember my 82 Z28 I parted last year. 496 big block, tubbed. Still was street legal except for that 4 gallon cell tucked all up in between the tubs. Add to that the idea that if you were bigger that 5'7" or 150 pounds you werent getting in, it was a 9 second parts car.

Andy

why would you weld them in that position? are they not able to withstand the forces of launching?

my bench seat is located permanently all the way back because of where the floor shifter is smile

Timmay., please recuse yourself from putting pics taken at the boneyard in my threads.

Good lord man clean that mess up, retake the three year old pic and repost it.

Now get off the computer and go get your Monte. It aint getting any less ghetto or faster sitting 1200 miles away.

Andy

chris: naww I draw the line when the pile starts getting up past the arm rests!!!

Allan: the way I Read that.. he had the seat moved forward.. not backwards.

allan: how would you mount the stereo over a gaping hole in the dash that someone else hacked into it?

this is why I put that adapter plate behind the radio.. because someone tried to install a monster late 70's radio in that dash.

radio.jpg

winston, I used to put my slicks in the back seat, drive 20 minutes to the track, swap the slicks on, race all day, swap back to street tires and drive home..

only breakage I ever had was driving home with nearly no brakes thanks to a bad M/C

Ha, yeah, I never broke anything either until I started running 11's and trapping 115+ MPH. Add a couple hundred horsepower and then come talk to me. I've never lived closer than 90 miles from a track. Most of my racing was done at tracks 3-4 hours away.

Originally Posted By: kc8oye

Ha, yeah, I never broke anything either until I started running 11's and trapping 115+ MPH. Add a couple hundred horsepower and then come talk to me. I've never lived closer than 90 miles from a track. Most of my racing was done at tracks 3-4 hours away.

wolfie, please excuse Tim. He has a bad habit of comparing his cars to fast cars.

I would have replaced the dash, and I was referring to the 70's esque, powered equalizer under the dash with the loverly wires hanging for effect. lol

it's not a powered equalizer.

Originally Posted By: Allan

I would have replaced the dash, and I was referring to the 70's esque, powered equalizer under the dash with the loverly wires hanging for effect. lol

okay...then that changes everything....

Originally Posted By: kc8oye

okay...then that changes everything....

apparently it matters to allan :P~

So here is what we did yesterday.

Took out the 125 pound speaker box

IMG_4559.jpg

Installed these purdy UPR adjustable upper arms set at 3 degree pinion angle

IMG_4560.jpg

And lowers, notice factory F41 bar