Front control Arm bushings

montique

I have DelALums in my 71 and have zero issues. I really would not have used them over stockers but they were left behind by a customer who did not return for the install. You know the rules. Thirty days and it is mine.

Andy

I have heard that for suspension control they are the best, but also heard that they are harsh and transmit a lot of vibration and road noise into the car. They aren't normaly recommended for street use.

Andy, do you notice any of that?

Actually not much.. New body mounts, full size tires, and new engine mounts give a pretty good ride. And the 1.5 from sway bar keeps it pretty level. I was told they would eventually squeak but after two years and a hundred tanks of gas they are still silent.

Andy

Great write up Tim. At the last step "light cleaning" is a good time to blast the daylights out of them then powder coat or paint them. I remember doing mine over 20 years ago now and it's something I would rather never do again.

Bruce

lol bruce smile i didn't think they were that bad. getting the new ones in was harder.

one thing I forgot to add.. was using a torch to melt the rubber inserts out so you can do what I showed there.

it stinks.. but it works smile