Engine missing, Paranoia

LuckyKenny

Geez, Davey, you risk making us old guys seem intolerant! Weren't we all young and foolish once, too? smile

Young people that like cars (especially Montes) more than twice their age show an unusual level of good taste and maturity. cool

sorry Dennis, it's just the Dad in me... grin....j/k Kenny.....

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
lol it probably help me get a job laugh

Yes, it would. That's a well known fact. smile My hair was long when I was in school, but unfair or not, a haircut improved everyone's attitude towards me.

Dan

Actually i think it's really doing it now

Not consistently, when the engine's cold and i accelerate it cuts out for a second, maybe not a missfire just because the engine's cold?

It was about 60 and there was literally condensation on my hood wile i was going 50 lol

Maybe this weather plays with the fue air mixture and it misses a little bit?

Can someone explain this to me?

Anyone else have a rough running engine /almost cutting out missing when it's cold?

Mine likes to be warm Kenny, if I start it up and back it out of the garage,and attempt to take the hill by my house, it will sputter a bit and cough under just slight throttle. Once it warms up its fine though. Try letting it warm up before going out.

They are not like the newer cars where you just start em and run,when gas was like 30 cents a gallon or whatever, you would just start them up and go back in the house for a cup of coffee,then go back out lol

Mine doesnt take long at all,its just if I start it up and try and go up that hill it doesnt like it.

Mine likes to be warm Kenny, if I start it up and back it out of the garage,and attempt to take the hill by my house, it will sputter a bit and cough under just slight throttle. Once it warms up its fine though. Try letting it warm up before going out.

They are not like the newer cars where you just start em and run,when gas was like 30 cents a gallon or whatever, you would just start them up and go back in the house for a cup of coffee,then go back out lol

Mine doesnt take long at all,its just if I start it up and try and go up that hill it doesnt like it.

I just let it warm up and topped it off with oil

I'm beginning to realize that this engine is really hurting lol

It's missing sporadicly, i haven't checked the plug yet but i have a bad feeling about it.

I'm tempted to just bore it out to 60 over and replace everything.

It still drives fine and doesn't sput or cough when you get on it.

I don't know anymore lol

I drove my old Chevelles and Cutlass back in school missing on alot more than 1 cylinder! grin Keep fresh plugs on hand and change them frequently! I used to keep about 6 cleaned and ready to go along with oil in the trunk, I think I was up to 20/50 or something like that lol Just drive it and enjoy it, when you save up some money you can just drop a crate motor in and be done with it! Its the most economical way to go all things considered

Haha i hear what your saying

I was just think about it

In 8 months i'm going to college and i'm literally not going to drive it for 4 years.

I should just ask for a big block as a graduation gift instead of an 80's ducati.

So pretty much, i'm going to beat the living hell out of this drive train and never look back laugh

Your being too hard on the car, Ive heard and driven things that sound horrible,and if you filmed my cars from back there, you wouldnt be able to see it through all the smoke! lol

Turn the tunes up,check your oil,and enjoy! Your reading too much into it. grin

hey, I know I'm a bit late on Jumping in... but have you checked the ground running from the block to the frame? I just had to do that to mine and it's actually not missing anymore... I used an old battery wire and ran it from the back of the alternator mount to the frame... haha I know it's a bit of a junk idea but it's working and I fixed another problem :P

hey, I know I'm a bit late on Jumping in... but have you checked the ground running from the block to the frame? I just had to do that to mine and it's actually not missing anymore... I used an old battery wire and ran it from the back of the alternator mount to the frame... haha I know it's a bit of a junk idea but it's working and I fixed another problem :P

Actually no i haven't, but what are you talking about exactly?

I changed the wires from the starter to the battery a little while ago, is that what your talking about?

I like that idea though, maybe it's not engine related at all!

well, what I'm talking about can come in all shapes and sizes... do you know when that engine was last taken out? if it was taken out anytime soon (3-4 years) it should have a threaded wire running somewhere off the block to the frame... anything a bit older could be anything, just look for a wire running off your block to your frame... honestly it could be ANYWHERE along the sides of your block, just gotta look.

A tip for this is to just look for wires being bolted directly to the frame...

when I had broken insulation on my ignition wire.. my car was a PIG running on sometimes as little as 3 cylinders until it warmed up.

once I found the bad wires, it was fine smile

if all else fails.... and you're feeling destructive... find a grenade and throw it in the engine after you remove it from the car... I just wanna know how that works out smile

A wing nut down the carb will do the same thing