TH350 leaking

MI_Custumz

I had my 70 Monte Carlo in the shop for some issues a couple of weeks ago. I have a trans leak from the front of the pan. It was a very small drip before and now it's worse. The shop replaced the gasket because they said the cork was squished out. It needed a fluid/filter change anyway so I said go for it. Now it appears to be a rubber gasket. It leaks from the gasket area from what I can tell. Would you recommend a new pan or just a gasket? I will do it myself this time. The pan is beat up a little bit and was wondering where to get a good one. I don't want those chrome pieces of junk.

If it is the pan gasket, I Have found this to be he very best of gaskets. I is a little pricy but It seems to keep things dry. Moroso pan gasket Don't know what trans you have, they make them for most trannys. Make sure your leak is coming from the pan not the front seal.

more often than not it's not the pan gasket. If the fluid level is too high it could be pushing it out the breather or a typical place is the gear selector shaft....

and how? I've had the pesky filler tube leak, that!, took forever to fix.. finally got the new kit for that leak. Now I'm working on the speedo cable gear on one. As long a front pump seal leak doesn't surface, I'll be happy. I almost had all of them not leaking at one time. wink Nothing worst than a xmsn leak.. it tends to leak in the garage and slowly creep onto the drive way. mad

Those trans pans are like the oil pans. If you over tighten the bolts you stress the metal to. So you have to flatten out the pan rails where the bolts go through. Check with a straight edge.

Other wise your just going to leak fluid all over again.

My trans leak turned out to be a leaking weld on the converter after three ft pump seals and a ft pump replacement, he found it. That was about 23 years ago and it's leaking from someplace again. Darn... Good luck!

Bruce