Need Help Reading for Push Rods

Monteman1971

My aluminum heads are on and now I'm determining what length push rods I need. I did the trick with the marker and this is what I got....is this good, bad or indifferent? Do I need longer or shorter...thanks all.

aed9e7ff.jpg

5092c849.jpg

Steve

Looks like proper rocker arm geometry. It's right on the money from here. What cyl did you use? Just that it looks like #1.. grin Where the engine gurus when you need them?

Spoke with my engine builder, on my way home I'm going to pick up a set of "lash caps". They will raise the rocker to the middle of the valve. Mike had run them when he was using the heads and thought I might need them as well.

I'll install and do the test again but I should be perfect.

Spoke with my engine builder, on my way home I'm going to pick up a set of "lash caps". They will raise the rocker to the middle of the valve. Mike had run them when he was using the heads and thought I might need them as well.

I'll install and do the test again but I should be perfect.

Perfect is good enough Steve grin

It's all roller...I think it's pretty special...lol.

Actually I spoke with Mike last night, it looks good the way it is so I will probably just put it together. I did speak with my engine builder and he offered to come take a look tonight to be sure.

It's all roller...I think it's pretty special...lol.

what ss, aluminum, steel, give us more. Those eddy heads need something fancy. lol

With the roller the push rods are just about .050 shorter. My builder came by last night and we tested with the lash caps and it brought it dead center.

The heads have stainless valves 2.25 and 1.88 (that's as big as they get), they have been polished up real nice inside and also port matched to the Air Gap manifold.... I had purchased all this from Mike (Mike 57) over the winter. He gave me a sweet deal on everything and has also been my "tech support"....lol