Has anyone found an

overdrive

Underhood insulation that's the same as the originals? The only ones I've seen don't have the compressed edge like the original had. The originals were probably the same thickness as the repro parts everywhere else, except the edges of the insulation were compressed to make them stiffer. We put a repro on our 71 several years ago, along with the correct clips to hold it on and air got above it by the drvr side of the radiator and tore it a little and it hangs down in that area. I'd rather not use the same type on my 70.

Dan

I didnt like the way mine fit or looked eather so I just removed it all together. The guy I bought it from was pretty proud of the fact he replaced it but did nothing for me. Havent seen any ill effects from removing it and like the bottom of the hood satin black better.

Over the years I have purchased 2 reproduction hood insulations from different sources and they were both the same without the compressed areas. They look OK but the edges do fray a little over time.

First replacement I got in about 1984 was over twice the thickness (came rolled in a huge box) as the one I have now (came in a large envelope). Don't remember anything different about the edges on the original one from 1971. I can't remember that far back...........

Bruce