What wires do you all run with headers ?

MonteNH

Im having a wire issue. I origally bought MSD with 90 degree boots and the guy doing my work asked me to return them because the hit the headers ( hooker comp ). He asked me to get straight boots so I got Taylor 180 degree boot today but after looking at pictures it doesnt look like these are going to work. Each time things dont fit I have to drive 40 miles South , to then drive 40 Miles North back home and another 40 Miles North to where the car is so im not happy about driving back and fourth ( laughing ).

I had major clearance issues. I found that the cheaper sets had a less bulky boot and didn't actually touch the headers... any of the fancy stuff that made even casual contact with the pipes burned through no matter what I paid for them. There just wasn't enough room to put insulating wrap over anything without increasing the contact area.

In the end, it was a mixture of different types that solved the problem.

I'm running msd streetfire wires. The boots can be bent to wherever you want them....I have a few straight..some 45"s and a 90 or 2 to clear the headers

I am running MSD 8.5 mm wires with straight plug boots on my Elkie's 402 with 2" primaries. Just like Jim did, they can be easily bent to any angle you desire. Nothing touches any of the headers. - Dave

Originally Posted By: jim's 70
I'm running msd streetfire wires. The boots can be bent to wherever you want them....I have a few straight..some 45"s and a 90 or 2 to clear the headers

I am running MSD 8.5 mm wires with straight plug boots on my Elkie's 402 with 2" primaries. Just like Jim did, they can be easily bent to any angle you desire. Nothing touches any of the headers. - Dave

I also run those wires, none touch the tubes on mine either and I'm running the Hooker Competition Headers.

Originally Posted By: 72MC
Originally Posted By: jim's 70

I also run those wires, none touch the tubes on mine either and I'm running the Hooker Competition Headers.

same here. MSD with hooker Comp headers