Rally wheel trim rings.

My rear Rally Wheels have been widened to 14" and have a stock 15 x 8 trim ring.My front wheels are 15 x 7 with a trim ring for a 7" wheel.The rears look almost chrome were the fronts look like polished stainless.The fronts also have a beveled edge on the inside were the rears don't.Can I buy matching rimgs that are all chrome and look the same except for the width?Will stock 15 x 8 Vette Rallys fit on the front?I saw a set of 4 15 x 8 restored rings on Ebay,They were chrome and looked like fresh chrome.Problem was they were almost $500.

Thanks

Ken,

I have replaced the trim rings on both of my Montes. The first set I got from David's Rally Wheels in CA the summer of 2010. I actually found them on eBay as a part of a complete package of Rally wheels, trim rings and derby caps. Since I wanted (2) 15 X 7' and (2) 15 X 8" wheels, I had to call the seller (David's Rally Wheels) and work out a specific deal.

They were good to deal with, had reasonable product and shipping prices and great service. They sent me one derby cap with the bowtie logo so I called them and the put the correct one in express mail that day and included a return label of the wrong one. No hassle for me at all.

I don't know if I ever knew exactly how much the trim rings cost because I bought the whole package. I have been extremely pleased with the weight, durability and appearance of these 3" deep trim rings. I am sure mine are highly polished stainless steel.

Last summer I bought a set of chrome trim rings for my SS car and I ordered them from The Parts Place. I believe they were right at $100 for a set of 4. They look and fit great, but I always hold my breath when I take them off or put them on because they feel less substantial than the set I got from David's.

You might want to check with David's on brands, styles and prices because he seems to move a lot of volume and can probably get you just about anything you want. Here's his web site:

http://www.davidsrallywheels.com/

Good luck.

Guys I just checked out his site and I hate to say it but he is selling Wheel Vintiques wheels and he is higher than Summit on them. He lists a 15x8 30 Series for $95 and Summit has the same part number for $77.95... Not sure what his Combo packs cost..

Hey Ken, There is a company Called Wheel Vintiques that make our wheels and chevelle wheels on reproduction and sell them in 15x8's and 15x10's and I think even the wide ones you have. they also reproduce the trim or beauty rings for those big rims too to fill in that gap that you see where the ring ends and the basket section where the rim bolts on. They Have Wheel Vintiques in the US and way over here in Calgary they should have a dealer out there in Toronto or Burlington or Ottawa???

Darren.

Make sure if you get the wheels vintique 15x8 rallies, to tell them the backspacing you want. My tires are 245/6015 on front and 255/6015 on rear. 70 series tires will reduce the rubbing potential but IHMO do not look as nice.

I suggest Backspacing 4.0 front and rear. That will give it the deep look, without rubbing. I have the 15x8 with 5.0 backspacing for my drag radials and they look wimpy because their tucked in so far.

One way to get an idea of somebodies backspacing is to look at the gap between the proper 15x8 trim ring (rounded edges-not squared)and the rally wheel. You will see about a 1" gap if it has the 4.0 BS and no gap if it has the 5.0 BS. Hope this helps. I got mine at Jegs.

Carl

I have 15x8 with 4" backspacing and would suggest the 4.5" backspacing. Mine fit great before I went with disc brakes on the rear, now I get rubbing on one side with 245x60x15's frown New wheels are being ordered next week cool