front core support painted from factory?

keith72monte

Hey does anyone know if gm painted the front core support the same color as the car? or did they just leave it in black primer? I,m replacing mine, so i figured i would check if gm painted them the same as the color of the car.i,m going to check out pictures of peoples cars on here and see what they did and how it looks, going to order a replacement core support soon, figured i,d see how it came from factory

As far as I know, it was left in the semi gloss black dip primer. My car is black but I don't remember the core support looking as nice as the topcoat. I THINK the fenders were painted off the car and later assembled. Anyone have proof of that?

Bruce

yeah i have had acouple of montes, but can't remember if any had painted front cores. The two cars i own now both have black painted core,both car have had repaints once or twice and three times lol. I,m looking at replacing the core and buying one from koniks klassics, He sells them reconditioned with ppg dp90 primer and can paint it for another 100 bucks, i think i,ll leave it in primer since the top piece that goes ontop of core is in primer, so the top piece blends with main core support, plus i,m sure it's more durable to leave it in primer , less chance of paint peeling or scratches that cause paint peeling.anyone know ofhand what ppg dp90 primer would be considered, matt black or a semi gloss black primer