How to apply Rally-stripes??

Ulf

You can buy a kit for a Chevelle, but you would have to add to the hood strips to get the right length. The trunk on the Chevelle is the same as a Monte so you would not have to them. If you do it by hand make sure you get one side lay out right and where it looks right then do the other strip. Doing it by hand it will take longer vs. buying the kits that are on the market.

you will need to do it by hand if you want it to look good...

I have had 20+ different car stripe templates supplied by customers over the years and never once did i have a useable one.

You can buy a kit for a Chevelle, but you would have to add to the hood strips to get the right length. The trunk on the Chevelle is the same as a Monte so you would not have to them. If you do it by hand make sure you get one side lay out right and where it looks right then do the other strip. Doing it by hand it will take longer vs. buying the kits that are on the market.

Ert, there is a kit for SS stripes? Who makes that?

All I had seen was a stencil kit, you would still have to spay paint the stripes using the stencils...

I used that on my Monte a few years ago and it turned out pretty well:

05_Jun_2001.jpg

you will need to do it by hand if you want it to look good...

I have had 20+ different car stripe templates supplied by customers over the years and never once did i have a useable one.

The last set a customer bought us got thrown in the trash as well, that was for a Chevelle hood though, youd still have to add to the length for a Monte.

So far the only ones Ive personally used that were nice was a stencil for the front bumble bee stripe on a 67 Camaro, worked out nicely and it was good crisp edges

Andreas the kits I've seen are the stencil style but they call them a kit as it's both the hood strips and trunk lid strips. I've heard great reviews for Phoenix Graphics. I just took a look at Phoenix's website and their stencil kits which is 50' long. http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/7072cvl.php for $89.

I have always free handed my stripes on my stuff. When I worked in a body shop we used to free hand all of the stripes because each van was different but still the same basic style. We did them all little different so no two were ever the same. I got quite good at laying out the stripes but when it cam time to pinstripe my pickup I let someone else do it. I have not done any striping in about 20years.

Phoenix has some nice stuff actually, I used a set of W-30 stencils before that I think were from them. I also put 2 sets of the Trans-Am ones on from them, the birds looked very nice and crisp, and seemed to hold up well

• 2 weeks later...
Andreas the kits I've seen are the stencil style but they call them a kit as it's both the hood strips and trunk lid strips. I've heard great reviews for Phoenix Graphics. I just took a look at Phoenix's website and their stencil kits which is 50' long. http://www.phoenixgraphix.com/gm/7072cvl.php for $89.

That makes sense, Ert.

I have bought stuff from Phoenix before and they are top notch...

Andreas'...I'm not a big fan of stripes on a Monte..but yours look good!

Thanks, the stripes are long gone, went with a 'cleaner' look...:)

• 1 month later...