750 Carb too big?

Kevin60

Mine runs best with the stock Quad a Junk, a good carb when working right...A bolt in the kick down cable does the trick,but then again I have a 4 speed. So my secondaries kick in as soon as I turn the key..

I had a 750 edelbrock came with car-was not working well- switched to a 600 and couldnt be better-like cams,sometimes the instinct to "overcarb' causes more harm than good. From what I'm told,my small engine wasnt able to move air fast enough thru the larger carb-low end throttle response and overall performance much improved with the smaller unit. I agree with those in the know-600 sounds about right!!(the only thing I did to the Eddy 600 was richen it up a bit via thinner metering rods) Brian

Definitely too big... I run a Holley Street Avenger 670 Carb on my 383 Stroker. You definitely don't need 670 on a normal 350... it won't do anything for you except cause issues, you don't have the cubic inches to utilize it... it will be a pain in the rear to tune.

If I recall correctly even my 400 sbc that came in my Monte came with a 500 cfm 2 barrel. So yes the 750 is too big unless you have done some major mods to the engine.