Wiper blade refills

stangeba

Used my wipers last weekend at the Woodward cruise for the first time in 12 years. The wipers didn't clear very well and places I have checked don't have the CORRECT refills to keep it original. Any tips?

Bruce

------------------

Original Owner since May 14 1971 montesm.jpg

Bruce, I purchase wiper refills at Walmart. On some wiper holders the rubbers are difficult to remove. Some places want to sell you the entire rubber and holder. I've taken much paticence to remove rubbers with neddle nose pliers. As long as you get correct length rubber refills are available.

Ed

Tried one Walmart and a Meijer along with some parts stores but will try a different Walmart.

Good to know there out there so I will keep looking.

Thanks,

Bruce

• 7 years later...

I have to replace a wiper blade on the passenger side of my Monte and I found 16" refills at Carquest. These are the right size but just don't fit really good. They are not the same as the originals. I would hate to be going down the road, it come off, and scratch my windsheild. What are others using? Where do you purchase wiper blade refills? Any other tricks to making these universals work better?

Thanks,

Kevin

Wow, this is an old post. I bought standard refills at Wal-Mart, some of you may know of this store. 16" rubber refills made by Pylon. scan # 0 79238 01016 7 also a number 1026 is on the inside of the package. This was shortly after this old post started.

Bruce

IMO the best way to make universal blades work better is to get rid of them and find OEM holders.

I bought a new set of blades and of corse there black so I removed the rubber part and painted the metal silver to match and reinstalled. then I decided they really didnt match so I removed the arms and the blades again cleaned and skuffed them and repainted the whole unit then cleared over the whole thing then reinstalled. Gee now that I look at it thats an awfull lot of work for something i've only used 4 times but it does look good.