Midnight Bronze?

Andy Lester

• 4 weeks later...

I never venture in the Auto Body section but the Midnight Bronze caught my eye - that's my original color too.

Joseph, can you send me some pix of yours? I'm debating on going with the original color next time around but I'm still leaning toward the blue.

theoldmonte006.jpg

I know this isnt the best picture but all I got on computer. It was painted in 87 with cintari. I am currently workin on getting it repainted. I think it will really pop with base clear. It was sharp back in the day when I was in high school. Everybody would call it a black monte but you get closer and in sunlight the dark brown with gold small flakes would come out. I think it is a very unique factory color? I would go with it but I am a factory freak. I put everything back the way it was. Next time ill do no pin stripes.

Joseph - yeah, tough to see the true color in that pic. So no vinyl top and dark saddle interior? Sounds very familiar grin

I found these pix a long time ago on the interwebs, and saved them. Not sure if this is exactly Midnight Bronze, but this is what I would shoot for if I were going that route.

16be_3.jpg

1e38_3.jpg

19ba_3.jpg

was yours a 402/400/12 bolt? I like the midnight bronze with the dark saddle really well. I do like blues also but dont care as much for blue or black interior. My wife loves black cars and weve had black leather. Oh my it gets hot.

Mine is a 454 car (W-code), but now has the 502.

Yeah, the midnight bronze is different. When I got mine back in 1988, it was black. I painted it blue in 1993 and its ready for another paint job. This is a big decision - my friends say keep the blue, but I really like the the bronze in the pictures above.

I still got time to pick cuz I'm broke!

I just love that color. How would 1970 Gold interior look with that color. Please be honest. My feelings will not be hurt. A lot of the inside colors are closer to Brown then Gold. Its a mix.

I had a '72 parts car that was midnight bronze, when we were painting the '71. The '72 had been in a salvage yard for years and, of course, the paint had no gloss left. I had some clear left in the gun one day and I shot some on one qtr panel of the '72 to see how it use to look. I was really impressed with it!

Dan

In 1976 I had a white '72 that had the dark saddle bucket interior and saddle top. I repainted it the midnight bronze that summer. After I painted it, people would stop me every where to see if I would sell it. It looked great! It also had 15X7 SS Cragars on it. It was the first car I ever had with a factory AM/FM radio and A/C. LOL

I was 20 years old and thought I was hot stuff. LOL

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:
Dan why dont you come up and spray a little clear on mine and we will see what it looks like then u can help me cut off quarters and put on new. Then you can take home your new grill. ha ha

Joe, I can give you a hand, but I won't have any free time until late Nov.

Dan