Electric Fan

NewTimer

Wasn't sure if I should post this here or electric section.

But! I going about cleaning up engine bay area and the big ol stock fan shout is too bulky. So electric fan(s) are great solutions. Has anyone heard of Zirgo Ultra High Performance?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hfm-zfu16s here is the link for summit racing.

Claims to pull 3,630 cfm which is plenty for my mild 350 which has an aluminum radiator as well. Thoughts?

I would be very cautious about any electric fan that claims 3,000 cfm on a 20A fuse...

The Mark VIII fan in my Monte would eat a 20A fuse for breakfast when it kicks on and it's rated 3,500 cfm

ive had a bad experience that was made worse by their customer service and warrenty process.i would not buy from them again.zirgo that is.

Bob is there a chance I can see what your electric fans look like in the bay?

I have the Mk VIII in mine as well. The V-6 Taurus uses the same fan and it's easier to find and remove in the junkyard. Chrysler cars have a neat "fuse block" under the hood near the brake master that holds several relays and a heavy duty diode for electric fans...but it's yellow.

I used a fusible link wire instead of a standard fuse, and it holds up well against the current surge when the fans start. I ran my power from the regulator buss bar. You'll also need a temp sensor that pushes thru the radiator fins to tell the fan when to run...those can be bought new from the auto parts store.

Here is a wiring diagram for a fan setup with dash light, AC switch, manual switch, and all. There are simpler ways if you don't need all that.

FanControl.jpg

Nice schematic Mark.. anybody use a fan module like the one on a 1999 Chrysler 300.. it looks like it would work? Dual fan. Dimensions looked awful close? I've seen them at bone yards as well? wink

the gp fans cover about 90% in my estimation.they fit the width closely but fit.

i like the dual fans for the ac system

the left fan runs of the engine temp and the rh fan is controlled by the ac signal.

the rh fan can be switched on manually if ness.

the key ,imo is the relay kit.

hollester really know there stuff and will design it for your set up.it almost plug and play.

rod,are you talking about the 300 fan assy ,or there relay?

those relays fail alot in there original use.

i would not trust them.

I did some looking and dig Bobs fans, you can actually buy them new for a 100 bucks. My project before summer will be to clean up engine bay. So pulling the engine out and removing things I don't need. New pulleys, wheel wells, paint the bay and the fan including.

• 3 months later...

As I am getting ready to buy my relay kit and everything, I a thinking about the temp sensor, where should I put it? i have seen some in the radiator. And I do want to keep the one for the existing sensor for the temp warning light in car.