Fender Brace Piece

71 MONTE 4 YA

Rodney I would try and get the dimensions of the original and then look in the wreckers for one from a Chevelle etc. Very likely that you can find one if not exact one that is close and modify it to match/fit.

Or check Jared or others who may have one.

Since you should be able to find one I would not spend the time/effort on remaking your own unless you can just fix it with a small patch. Depends on how bad it is.

Good luck

Scott

Rodney, are you talking about this? Find another fender to use or find a fender that these braces arent rotted out & cut them off & tranfer them to your fender.

IMG_20120429_130637.jpg

IMG_20120429_130631.jpg

Rodney, are you talking about this? Find another fender to use or find a fender that these braces arent rotted out & cut them off & tranfer them to your fender.

IMG_20120429_130637.jpg

IMG_20120429_130631.jpg

Yes Cory that's exactly what I'm talking about. My cousin fixed the outer panel of the fender and the brace was ate up on one of them. I really don't need a whole fender.

Cant help you there Rodney, all I could do is sell you a fender & you wont like the price shock Maybe someone here has one that is smashed beyond repair and still has good inner brackets on it? confused

I took a piece of sheet metal and made my own, using what was left of the orginal as a template. It's not exact but my car is more of a restomod anyway.

Steve

Doesn't matter what the inner brace looks like. Its never seen.

I have a junk fender that is smashed off my U-code car that will be savin this brace part out of. Now the thicker part at the bottom rust away right along with everything else, you could just double wall it to make it stronger, although don't really matter I don't think, long as you use good gauge steel to begin with. smile

Is there any other year/model that brace piece can be cut off from to be used for FGMC?
I was looking on Ebay for the same thing and came up with this one Link Thing Don't know if it could work or not confused