aftermarket power door lock kits

CKZ03

I'm considering adding a aftermarket power door lock kit. Has anyone here done one of these and if so does anyone have any recommendations on the best one to use. I do not want any switches mounted anywhere, keyless/remote only & prefer it to work both doors simultaneously. Any help here would be great, thanks Cory.

Just curious if anyone here has installed kits like these & their opinions on them. Both of these do not require switches to be mounted in car.

This guy has a nice set up, more model specific vs. universal

http://klassickeyless.com/applications.html

This set up seemed pretty cool to with keyless, or your key can open both doors or pulling up or down on lock knobs operates both doors. This one is more of a universal though.

http://www.autoloc.com/catalog/Power-Doo...t-with-Remotes-

It seems like a nice kit and I like that they also have the trunk setup. That is something I would like to do on mine too.

I contacted them about either a group buy or price discount for our members. We'll wait and see what they say.

I spoke with the guy at Klassik Keyless yesterday, very nice guy and quite ingenious too. He has put together a nice set up for our Montes. He has fabricated his own direct fit brackets for the actuator that uses existing holes at door latch, created his own linkage rod and uses a plastic rod clip to connect to an existing latch/lock pawl mounting point. Its a little more expensive, but I like it & looks like a very simple, clean install. The remote power trunk opener ties into the same system nicely too. He can also put together a custom system for anyone that may want more features such as security/alarm system, can tie into lights & horn and ignition kill. Basically build to your needs. After speaking with him, I would certainly give him my business.

It seems like a nice kit and I like that they also have the trunk setup. That is something I would like to do on mine too.

I contacted them about either a group buy or price discount for our members. We'll wait and see what they say.

Thanks for taking the lead on this, Scott. It would be cool if they would do a combined door/trunk lock kit for $350 or less.

If they are receptive to a group buy, you can put me down for one kit for sure and possibly a second (can't get one of the girls a new outfit without offering it to the other, also! grin ).

Just curious if anyone here has installed kits like these & their opinions on them. Both of these do not require switches to be mounted in car.

This guy has a nice set up, more model specific vs. universal

http://klassickeyless.com/applications.html

This set up seemed pretty cool to with keyless, or your key can open both doors or pulling up or down on lock knobs operates both doors. This one is more of a universal though.

http://www.autoloc.com/catalog/Power-Doo...t-with-Remotes-

I have an universal remote kit similar to the AutoLoc Power Kit in my Monte. Installs easily, works good. Recebtly, had some trouble with the passenger side power door lock, will likely need some re-adjustment...

Originally Posted By: footballubet

Thanks for taking the lead on this, Scott. It would be cool if they would do a combined door/trunk lock kit for $350 or less.

If they are receptive to a group buy, you can put me down for one kit for sure and possibly a second (can't get one of the girls a new outfit without offering it to the other, also! grin ).

Not a problem. I'm just trying to earn my pay! lol

I got a response back from Klassic Keyless. I will be talking to Tom Pelchat this week to crunch some numbers on a group buy and possibly an ongoing discount for the club members. He checked out our site and liked what he saw. Thanks Cory for posting this information.

More to come!

I see Klassic Keyless is a new member smile

Yes Sam, you are corrct. Just to keep you updated, Scott and I have discussed a buy-in in depth and have come to an agreement. He informed me that Andreas has approved it and right now they are hashing out the details. I will leave the rest to Scott, however if you have any product specific questions, I will be happy to answer those for you.