Headliner

Craig_g71

I used wood panelling in my 72 Chevy panel van back in 75....Opps, dating myself again!

With shag carpet also I hope, I can see it now grin

shagcarpet_zpsb6480e07.jpg

I did mine with 1/16" ABS. Then I covered it with the new style headliner material. You know the material that starts to sag after a few years. Been holding for a couple of years. Looks real good. You will need to lay it out on white thin carboard. Like the pizza boxes then transfer it onto black ABS plastic.Their web site is www.usplastic.com and the order number is 45351 $36.28 the sheet is 48"X96". Shipping is not bad because they will roll the sheet up. Leave your old headliner in place a just follow it with the new headliner. Piece of cake.

The tricky part is the supports in the corners. Once you have those made, the paneling goes in easy.

timber-frame-bracket1-480x360.jpg

Then you just add some decorator touches...

pirates-of-the-caravan2.jpg

I got the first piece cut and installed and I am not really 100 percent happy. My first plan was to cut out a center piece and then make separate pieces for the edges. But after seein the single piece up and in place (held in place with one screw. I want to try to cut out one large piece to cover the entire ceiling. I still dont know how to post pics(sad really but I havent tried too hard either) More progress to come later

Just looked at the pics. Nothing good on camera yet! I suck at working and trying to take "progress pics" I will see if I can get something good on the camera tomorrow. Right now the headliner is out of the car as I attempt to go from template to the real thing. In the mean time I permanently wired up the power seats, decided against figuring out the heated part. I alsom mounted the additional fuse block right below the original one. And then I wired one side of the rear Opera lights.

Aight so today I got the Opera lights and switches Wired up (led) In my attempt to avoid cutting up original interior parts I mounted the switches for the rear lights in the rear ashtrays! tomorrow Weather permitting I hope to get more work done on the actual headliner! Had to get the lights done first though.

aye Craig.. i see youve made it over here from facebook..to post pics..get a photobucket account so you can link them from there bro...by the way im diggin the pics wit the lights...thats a cool idea!!

• 2 weeks later...

And Carl Hanson sent me these also.

Layout was first with thin white cardboard. Then transfered onto 1/16" ABS, then glued on with the modern headliner material. I also have matching sun visors. As you can see in the pictures that it's not complete. It is still looking the same. Not Complete.

155-1_zpseb71f3b6.jpg

156-1_zps25100882.jpg

157-1_zpsaf73129e.jpg

158-1_zps023f662c.jpg

159-1_zpscee4196e.jpg

160-1_zps4c8c21bb.jpg

162-1_zps88e919dd.jpg

163-1_zps0b354b4b.jpg