TRUNK CARPET?

CKZ03

I'm interested in getting one too but I hadn't really shopped around at all, just came across that one & seemed like a good price. Plus the free shipping is a nice bonus grin

When I got my trunk carpet I thought I was getting one that would cover the whole floor. What I got was the same as the herringbone size for $69. I was somewhat disappointed but it sure looks better than the OEM to me.

The one posted in the link looked like it covered more area than the factory style mat, hard to tell in pics. Tried calling them 3 different times today to ask some questions but their phones must be screwed up, I couldn't get past the automated crap to talk to a real person.

I looked at a factory style trunk mat at NPD when I was there recently & really didn't like it at all. The carpet would look soooo much nicer IMO.

Thanks for the post CKZ03. I just ordered the trunk carpet. If it's the size that's shown in the trunk of the blue Chevelle, that would be great. I originally ordered two herringbone mats. One I put in the floor of the trunk and the other one I cut in pieces for under the rear speakers and along the trunk that's parrallel with the bumper. Looking forward to the carpet!

No problem McQ, hope you get it quick so you can give me a review on it, dying to order one but I will hold off till I hear how you like it. How did you order it, online? I've been calling them for 2 days & can't get past the automated options recording. Caught in an endless loop of "push 1 for sales". Wanted to ask them several questions about it & can't even do that, so I send them an email.

CK I just clicked the link in your post and ordered it. I don't have a ship date, but hopefully soon. I will be calling them on Monday to follow up. I may not be successful based on your experience.

The trunk mat I have is not made of the same carpet as the interior of the car....Mine is more of a vinyl type with a felt backing...not sure how they came out of the factory if they had one at all. Can anyone verify?

Thanks-Troy

Troy. I also have the vinyl mat with felt backing. I bought it from OPGI. The picture of the trunk carpet looks similar to the floor mats I bought for the car. I don't know what was originally in the car, but I like the look of the carpet. Hopefully, I won't be disappointed.

CKZ03 - After two days of following up on my order I finally was able to talk to a live person. Supposedly my trunk carpet is shipping Monday. I will let you know the quality when I receive it. Thanks!

CKZ03 - The trunk carpet came today and is nice quality. It's a lot better than the herringbone mats. It is as big as the picture in the blue chevelle. It runs up the hump in the trunk and all the way to the back of the rear seat. The only part of the trunk it does not cover is the raised part that's parallel with the bumper on both sides of the trunk latch. I will need to cut a hole for the bolt that goes through the spare and a "L" shaped slit for the end of the jack stand support. It was dark outside when I put it in the trunk. I will send a picture in the next couple of days.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I bought the trunk carpet from East Coast Chevelle and it is short about 2" on the top deck and about 1.5 "s to long at the latch area. They said that was the way it is supposed to be. They charge 10% restocking fee and you pay return shipping. I just trimmed by the wheel well and moved it forward

• 1 year later...