D35 option mirror

Bmarinac

As I understand it, the painted sport mirror was a left side only unit. There never was a painted right side sport mirror for a first gen M/C.

Maybe others can chime in on this to confirm.

JC

As I understand it, the painted sport mirror was a left side only unit. There never was a painted right side sport mirror for a first gen M/C.

Maybe others can chime in on this to confirm.

JC

Some Canadian built Montes had the dual sport mirrors as an option. It seems to be a pretty rare option.

Drivers side remote, passenger side non remote was available as a dealer installed option. Seems almost no one chose to add the passenger side mirror back in the 70's so the right side sport mirrors are extremely rare. Like Aaron stated the Canadian built Montes may be more likely to have both sides. Maybe just a Canadian thing, hard to say. The right side sport mirror on my car is off a 72 CUSTOM built in Canada, which I did find a Canadian build sheet under the front seat with D35 clearly stated on it. However I cannot verify 100% if this mirror came from the factory on this car,(a parts car, not my car, mine was built in Baltimore) was installed at the dealer later or installed many years down the road. While stripping it down prepping for paint I did notice it had two paint jobs same as the car itself, the original color (which matched the car it came off) and a repaint of a different color. I personally cant verify either way as I have no history of the car, but can provide a vin if someone really wanted to run it through GM Canada to verify with their records, Im not worried about it enough to spend the dough it costs for that smile.

Heres the location of the drivers side remote on inner door panel.

IMG_20130614_013705_zps13537166.jpg

Heres a few pics of the right side non remote

IMG_20130608_163939_zpsddf6b338.jpg

IMG_20130608_164008_zps667e961f.jpg

It is my understanding the 72 Customs came standard with the Drivers Side Remote Sport Mirror. My Build Sheet from my 72 Custom denotes D35 - L/H Mirror and was built in Van Nuyes, CA.

Haven't heard any with a Repop Passenger side Sport Mirror. I found a passenger side Sport Mirror that was pretty close to what I needed for that side. Did some shaving of the base bottom and got it where it needed to be. Unknown what it had originally came off of and you have to look pretty closely to notice any difference from the driver side mirror.

Those can be had fairly cheaply and aren't that difficult to change the base angle for fitment. Just need to locate one that you can work with!

PASSENGERSIDESPORTMIRROR2-1.jpg

100_0837.jpg

Doug