Air cleaner from 350 4bbl fits FGMC?

71MonteCarloMD

I am looking to return my engine to stock by replacing air cleaner and valve covers as I have Moroso chrome ones (installed by previous owner) - found one air cleaner for 350 4BBL in Craiglist nearby, guy said he didn't know which car that air cleaner came from, would it fit my '71 Monte with 350 4BBL?

And he's asking for $40 which I think is a good price, is it?

Depending what shape it is in and if the vacuum door still holds vacuum (mine don't) it sounds OK to me. Do you have a picture?

Bruce

If you plan on running the original OEM type system with a heat tube, the door needs to close when cold. Mine are unhooked but I never drive it cold.

Here are pictures of the spare I have in the basement that's not for sale.

Bruce

4 BBL Air cleaner pics

Great pics Bruce!

Here is is installed. This is a 1970 but i believe there were no changes to the air cleaner setup:

70_Monte_019.JPG

Here is the tube that goes up to the air cleaner:

0018.JPG

This guy may have one as well....

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/3978913449.html

One of those is a 454 cleaner lid, but its on top of the wrong base. I think the base up top of the pic goes with that lid. Possibly a correct 454 style cleaner.

Rick,

The picture link wouldn't open.

I wouldn't worry about the vacuum door not working, like I said mine don't. I would go for it.

Stove pipes should be available but I don't know where and then you need the other two "stove" parts if you don't have them. I assume you DON'T have headers. Perhaps Leo has this stuff? I got mine years ago at the Chevy dealer. I would check with them if one is local for you. Good luck.

Bruce