Rear Hockey Stick Replacement question

I'm ready to replace the hockey stick mouldings on my 70. It looks like the bumper has to be lowered or removed. So is there a easy way to replace them or a way to lower the bumper enough to get the job done. If the bumper has to come off, how diffacult is it.

I have a 70 and I was able to remove the tail light extensions bolts and get enough room to remove the screws that are on the underside of the hockey sticks. I suggest using some masking tape around the area as not to scratch the paint.

I have a 70 and I was able to remove the tail light extensions bolts and get enough room to remove the screws that are on the underside of the hockey sticks. I suggest using some masking tape around the area as not to scratch the paint.

Rock, where do you recommend putting tape???

I think what he is talking about is putting some tape on any painted surfaces or chrome that may get scratched from the shaft of the screwdriver rubbing against any delicate surfaces.

rob

I don’t think you can pull the extension off completely but you can pull it out far enough to get at the screws. I taped around the area where the extension bolts onto. Can’t be to careful.

On a 1970 car, the rear valance outer hockey stick moldings have screws through them into the bottom lip of the valance. You need to drop the rear bumper to access them. The same is for the long center molding.

The same holds true on a 1971 car EXCEPT:

The SS hockey sticks are studded and are nutted from inside.

• Like 1

Success, I couldn't wait until the weekend. I got the bumper off which was easier than I thought it would be. It was also easy because someone before me left off the bolts above the licence plate and two lower bolts. I also had to remove one of the quarter exstenions to install a speed nut for one of the moulding screws. While i have the bumper off I'm going to replace the bumper guard cushions and clean things up. I'm learning so much about this car. Thanks for all the input...

• Like 3