edlipman

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

What color was the car? Maybe the one I just found is it. Only reason I say that is because the guy told me he's had it since 89. There are pics on the thread "hear she is boys" on the SS454 board.

Hi Guys:

Still here and looking for the car. I haven't heard anyone seeing anything like my car yet.

The car was triple green with console and buckets.

Thank You for all the attention.

Ed

WOW i thought i was the the only guy that was unlucky at lost cars i had a 1969 roadrunner stolen from in my drive way a 1970 nova a 1972 chevelle ss 454 that was never found any of them thay were taken from the windy city about the summers of 74to78 thay are missed still frown

Wow! You need some anti-theft systems in your cars!

Some ideas I've had:

Run a wire from distributor to metal car parts with bypass, of course.

Bypass switch for fuel system.

Bypass switch for battery system.

Remove hookup to old hood release lever above license plate, run remote hood latch release system under the dash, and then attatch a switch/button to the front outside lever for the hood and run it to the horn laugh .

Put solenoid actuated rods that will thrust out from behind and through the wheel holes keeping car from moving.

Put a nerve gas type system in the car that will activate if the car is started without your using a bypass.

Ear-splitting siren/airhorn(semi-truck/locomotive) mounted inside car to blow ear-drums upon starting vehicle without using bypass.

If equipped with air ride system, cause system to deflate upon attempted theft.

Equip car to be energized by an electrical shocking system similar to what's used for cows/horses/prison fences etc.

I got sooo close to setting this up when dogs kept labeling my wheels, making the finish get etched and rust. Label this!... ar! ar! ar! ar! ar! snoopy.gif

roflol.gif

Even with all that protection nothing stops a flat bed trailer coming along and hauling the car away.

GPS tracking system helps in most thefts.

A pager that you can carry with a long range can alert you as it is happening.

cool

Hmm....that's pretty serious theft...flatbed trailers!? Hmm...

I also thought of those quick release steering wheel hubs. Should get one custom made for FGMC columns.

Thing is though 502, imagine trying to load a car that had a horn which sounded like a locomotive blasting away? You can hear those things for miles laugh I think you would wake up to that sound...and so would anyone else around laugh Motion detection using mercury switches.

They use flat beds or tow trucks all the time, a good example is overhaulin, they will load a car in minutes with neighbors watching. If you look official nobody stops you.

Sirens blaring and they just keep loading like its an everyday thing and nobody comes running.

You have to be in earshot of that horn for you to respond, which isn`t always the case.

I have the loudest siren made installed on my truck (135 or 138 decibels, can`t remember) it`s loud but not that loud if the tv is on and I`m on the other side of the house, I can`t hear it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

You have one option here, but its a longshot. Chances are that the car now has different VIN numbers, or was simply chopped up and sold as parts (sad but its the truth), Have you had the VIN checked by DMV or a private investigator? see in some states if you were paid off by your insurance for the loss of your car, even if it was found you would not be contacted nor even given the option to get the car back. At that point the car would be sold at auction and the insurance company can recover their losses. Simply put, you car might be legally owned by someone else, if you can track the VIN you might be able to buy the car from its new owner. Hope this helps, and sorry to hear.

Steve

Jared:

Glad that you made it home ok. That was some load of parts. I see that you have a lot more parts than I do ! Good luck getting your car on the road , I know the amount of work involved.

Harris:

Thank you for the search. I was wondering about that. I do not know if I will ever see that car again. It was a nice very loaded car. Thank you again for the work.

Silver streak:

You may be right that the car is parted out , it had a lot of options , some rare ones too.

As far as I can tell the car has not been registered recently. I know that NJ where I came from does not keep cars on a list more than 5 or so years.

Thank you all for your attention. All I can do is keep hopeing.

Ed

• 2 months later...