Clear Headlights

jayzi

Hi guys. Has anybody ever tried to install clear headlights like these? I'm curious how that would look. The lamp holder probably needs to be changed a lil bit to accommodate the bigger bulb holder.

• Like 1

ya that's of the border...you guys south of the 49th get all the breaks...jeez..lol

you have summit and jegs...we have Canadian Tire

The only mod is you need to make the round hole in the headlight bucket a little larger. If my memory is correct it's cnly a 1/8". You can do it right in place with a dremel tool. Look around Canada, I'm sure someone sells them. The headlight connector will also plug right in.

I finally found the time to cut the headlight bucket and install clearlight headlights. I'm really happy about the outcome. First I was fearing it could look too modern but I think it fits the chrome headlight bezel perfectly. In the photo below the new headlight is left, the old one in the right for comparison.

10464008406_ce8769d4a8_c.jpg

I have bought these here http://www.ebay.de/itm/170997376308. They have replacable H4 bulbs which is the standard bulb I have seen on most of the 7" headlights. They also include the parking light which is a legal requirement in Germany. We are not allowed to use the yellow US parking light unfortunately.

I have bought these here http://www.ebay.de/itm/170997376308. They have replacable H4 bulbs which is the standard bulb I have seen on most of the 7" headlights. They also include the parking light which is a legal requirement in Germany. We are not allowed to use the yellow US parking light unfortunately.

So what is the German parking light? Is it simply a lower setting of the headlights or is there some colour to it? How do you control them? What happens to the tailights when your euro parking lights are on?

It's an additional little white bulb. I think it's not different to your yellow light besides the color but in Germany you are not allowed to use the (also yellow) indicators as parking light. It's always on when the low beam is on. And the taillight is also active.

Daytime running lights are a different story. These are additional bulbs and a legal requirement in many European countries e.g Germany since some years for new cars and can be added to older cars.