bracing

jacob

Do I need additional bracing to remove the inner rockers and all 3 of the floor braces I have the body X braced with a support between both quarters and one running parallel to the fire wall.

SANY0630_zps1f3b10f1.jpg

notice the hood and new floor rofl

Not much else you can do without it being in the way of removing and installing the new floor/rockers. Take your measurements & write them down and go to town on that thing. You've taken about all the precautionary measures anyone can do there.

yeah that's one of the first things im going to do is weld that middle section together just got a 27 pound bottle of argon and co2 mix for $119.

And heres my current progress

SANY0633_zps5d7bd356.jpg

looking real good jacob...i'll be starting my bracing now that the snow is easing up a bit ...for now http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/default/eek.gif

Sounds like the snow is just starting for you... snowball that is. grin

looking real good jacob...i'll be starting my bracing now that the snow is easing up a bit ...for now http://www.firstgenmc.com/ubbthreads/images/icons/default/eek.gif

shock Snow easing up! I'm at the other end of the lake please turn the wind off so we quit getting that lake effect snow its been snowing for 3 days straight here even more a little farther north of here. I am so ready for it to end.

theres a little snow left where they scraped the roads into big piles but other than that its all gone ... back to the usual high 40s low 50s.

They were predicting 6 to 10 inches for tonight thru tomorrow evening but now have scaled it back. I can only hope we don't get to much I am so sick if seeing that white crap all over the place. COME ON SPRING

Jacob has the luxury of doing his in the garage by the looks of it..I have mine in a portable garage shelter...its actually not too bad when its -10c..I bought an old electric furnace I plug into my welder outlet when it gets a little chilly...lol

my resto goes a little further in that I am replacing the rockers too..I will need more bracing than Jacob...oh well lah dee dah