72 grey interior????

restodude

hello all, new to the forum, i currently own 3 first gen montes, 2 - 71s and a 72. the 72 is pewter silver with light grey ish green interior, and the deats are all cloth, but its like a corduroy , looks factory, but ive not seen but one other that is similar, its hard to match the headliner color, and i cant find one anywhere, so i bought a white one i am going to attempt to dye. it had a vinyl top the same exact color as the paint, and the center console is a light grey/green as well, was this an option of some sort?light green dash pad , and the interior door panels look grey, i had the3m all out , and they are all original, i have never seen any grey interior before? its cool!!! coffee2

I have also seen that combination in pewter silver. Mine is also pewter but has the black buckets and dash. I agree check out your cowl tag and use this site to decode it. This is what I did. Amazing information on here

Hey Matt, Aaron is correct that PEWTER interior is rare and the cloth interior is 100% Factory Correct. One of our members up here in Canada has a triple Pewter 72 and is described to be exactly the same as yours right down to the greenish/ silver Fish scale sort of look interior. Not cheap to replace either, Pat just bought the fron bucket seat covers alone and paid $780 for the cloth covers alone without the rear seat from California. That Pewter vinyl top as far as I am aware after talking to Pat is impossible to find so Black, white or even a light mist green to offset the greeinsh interior might be your only choice unless you go custom color repro then that bigger bucks. That is a sweet rare 72 you have dont part with it or let others know if you do here first… hahahaha

Darren

• 3 weeks later...

lol, thanks for the info guys, ive been working so much i havent checked back, and i didnt set up the forum to email me , but the vinyl top was pretty bad shape and i couldnt find one the same color anywhere so i turned it into a hardtop, besides , i could have put my fist in the holes that were in the bottom rear window corners. i had to fabricate the corners as well because at the time i couldnt find ant parts to fix it.the interior is in really good shape and its garaged year round so, it hasnt changed,although i still need to finish the paint job, if it ever stops raining here in ohio, lol,

My interior was that exact color scheme when I got it. I assumed it had been redone at some point before I got it but now I guess it was original equipment? It was in very bad condition when I got it, and I think I even got some polariods of it before I took it apart. I am gonna have to look for those pics now...