71 Trunk Emblem Install ??

snomobeelr

I think you should remove the trunk lock. That will allow you more room to install the self tapping nuts. I would do them on the emblem in your hand, take them off, stick the emblem in the three holes and reinstall the nuts.

As Sam posted, the factory used barrel clips. They're very easy to use. They just push into the holes and then the emblem pushes into them. A Google search will locate them.

barrel clips

Dan

I must be doing something wrong.. I wasn't the one who took it apart so I cant even go from my limited memory ; ). I place the lock cylinder in fist. Then the shield emblem goes over it. But there is no room to get the barrel clips on. I know I have fat hands but there is no room in there..

Barrel have always worked best for me by putting them in the hole and then pushing the emblem/molding or whatever . I have caused some minor damage by pushing them in on the emblem or whatever they are on.

I'm amazed. I have strip many Monte Carlos and never came across that method. That is a great idea.

It is one of the easiest to take out and install. I use a small screwdriver and put cloth on the end of the blade. Pry it off. They I just push it back in with the barrel clips on the stems. I do that hen I repainted the painted parts of the emblem.