Dynamat heat shield

rsorg

I am thinking of installing dynamat heat sheild on my floor boards , doors, rear seat area, and under dash area , has anybody used this product , also plan to trace out the door shields to install , Thanks Roger

Hey Roger, known several who had used the Dynamat product, its a bit stiff and is easy to get cut up fingers, I used the Eastwood product, half the price with good sound deadening and heat resistance.

DSCF1412.jpg

DSCF1413.jpg

PBE Jobbers also has a product like Dynamat but much cheaper Nitto 108E. It is a rubber product versus the petroleum product. Pretty pliable, I have two boxes of it but have not got around to installing it yet. Here is a link to the product page http://www.pbejobbers.com/product-sound-deadening-pad-12x12-walum-side-6pk_74301.aspx

I went with the cool mat stuff. I was reading reviews on each product and most of them had complaints at one time or another the rubber part would run and create a gooey mess when mounted inside doors and other vertical surfaces. I opted for a different product inside my doors, behind my back seat, and under my rear armrest areas just to be on the safe side. My car is still a work in progress so it remains to be seen how good the stuff I installed works.

We did Dynamat dynaliner in our 70 El Camino its a foam roll which comes in different thickness. On the El Camino we user 3/4" on the floor two rolls running from the firewall to the rear of the cab. Then on the roof we used 1/4" one roll to block the sound and heat. The Dynaliner wasn't bad to put in but it does raise the seats up and the surface needs to be clean so it sticks. On the 72 Monte I got a 2 gallon pale of Lizard Skin sound and a 2 gallon pale of heat control to spray on the inside once the floor board and firewall is finish.

Thanks for the info ,my stock big block with factory exhaust manifolds and dual exhaust gives off alot of heat from the floor boards \ firewall area . I plan on making this a winter project , just not sure what product to go with just yet.

Hi, did you use the same mat for the doors and or rear seat area , I was planning on putting the mat on my door water sheilds than putting the 2 peices together on my doors and the same for behind the rear seat back , Roger

• 2 weeks later...

I used a product called Duct Insulation from Frost King.

About $20 a 15 sq foot roll at Home Depot.

I used a couple of rolls in the car, Along the doors, back qtrs, under rear seat and along the tranny tunnel.

I got new carpet with Mass backing so i didn't see the need to do the whole floor board. the stuff is on only 1/8" thick, door panels went back on great.

Its more of a closed cell foam base so no pesky tar fumes whatsoever.

Happy so far

Art

Dynamat vs. FrostKing

I used a product called Duct Insulation from Frost King.

About $20 a 15 sq foot roll at Home Depot.

I used a couple of rolls in the car, Along the doors, back qtrs, under rear seat and along the tranny tunnel.

I got new carpet with Mass backing so i didn't see the need to do the whole floor board. the stuff is on only 1/8" thick, door panels went back on great.

Its more of a closed cell foam base so no pesky tar fumes whatsoever.

Happy so far

Art

Dynamat vs. FrostKing

I saw them use that on one of the shows....FantomWorks I think it was. Recommended that stuff over the more expensive stuff. I really like that guy and that show. Of course I saw that after I did mine with more expensive coolmat stuff....

• 8 months later...

I completed my Dynamat install ,went with the extreme on the floors ,splash shields on the quarters with the original jute , ACC carpet with mass backing , highly recommend to wear mechanics glove when installing Dynamat,I have not taken the car out yet to see how much the difference is  in installing the new products.  

I used a product similar to Dynamat and id not wear gloves and got several cuts on my hands and fingers. That aluminum topping can sure cut a nice slice in a finger.  :rofl: