Hard start

pocobill7t1

Okay Monty car guys need help with my Quadra jet has an issue on start up when the car is cold. Car seems not to be getting fuel but I've change the fuel pump fuel line and filter. When I spray carb fire down the carburetor it starts up right away no issues. Could this be a float level issue? When running no issues with hesitating or accelerating runs really well can't figure this out, later on when the car sits it fires up right away no issues at all first click of the key ,thoughts or remedies welcomed thanks. Also the choke is hooked up and works well can't figure this out

I agree with Sam on the fuel draining but I also want to ask if you have also checked to see if the choke is setting properly.

Rob

Mine does the same thing, stock Quadrajet carb.

There is a easy fix, drive the car every day!

Bruce

A one - way fuel filter in the carb should help with this. In the inlet side of the paper filter, there is a plastic flap. You can see it when you take the fuel line off at carb. If you just see a hole, you have a regular filter, not a one way filter. If that does not help, your carb may be leaking down, from the plugs in the bowl wells. Hope this helps. smile

Not saying this is it, but something else to check. I once had a vent issue on a gas tank. It allowed the tank to keep a vacuum and on startup "low rpms" the fuel pump had to overcome the vacuum to fill the bowl. At running RPMs it wasn’t a problem. Got a new cap problem went away.