Headlight question

vince

I need some clarification.

I need to change the cheap projector lights I got off e-bay due to a yellow look about them. I want to get headlights similar to those on the newer cars that have a bluish color to them. Are these H4? or HID? or LED?

Well here in NM pretty much anything goes, I've seen green, blue and yellow tints. All I'm looking for is a brighter light for when I do some night time driving.

Daryl I'll looking to the H4's thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can't resist....All people who drive in traffic with fog lites , you'll notice are always aimed incorrectly--should be pulled over, heavily fined, have their license pulled on the spot, car or truck towed and a public smashing of the foglites.  This is just my opinion and I am right!

• 1 month later...

Sorry,  I know that you made your inquiry four weeks ago, but I just came across it...   if you haven't purchased a replacement yet, I found an incredible solution that throws a perfect road illumination pattern  (way better than the much heralded Hella H4 eCode!).  There was no 'One Stop' purchase to achieve the best available performance in our 7" headlights.   But, piecing this together is certainly worth the effort with what you end up with in the end.

The headlight reflector is Cibie 082440      

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008DQV88Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The bulb is Flosser Head Light Fog bulb 9003/hb2/h4 .  They are 145 watt high beam/100 watts low beam halogen bulbs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FLOSSER-9003-HB2-H4-145-100W-B-TWO-BULBS-HEAD-LIGHT-RALLY-REPLACEMENT-H-L-BEAM-/161544116084?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item259cc79774&vxp=mtr 

These should be wired through a heavy relay, as our aging harnesses dim even the factory sealed beams.     Doug

Something else to think about is our factory wiring. The way I understand it how it works is that our original wiring sends electricity to the light bulbs after it is regulated to 12 volts. There are aftermarket wiring harnesses that can be obtained for about $25 and it allows you to hook your headlights directly to the battery. You will then plug your existing wiring harness into it and it only uses that as a signal to the new harness's relays for the headlights. The increase output voltage of the alternator/battery unregulated, I think usually about 14v, will make your headlights that much brighter. This harness can be obtained through Amazon, eBay and other online sources.

Even if you don't up grade the headlights I've read that the wiring harness will improve the old halogen bulbs do to the increase in voltage to them. Another plus is it takes the load off the factory wiring.