Clock-to-tach conversion complete

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bones,

Sometimes it's a burden to want it "Just like it came from the factory".

nutz

I here you there but I figure my first monties clock packed it in in 1973 (Canadian winters)I would go for the traditional look with the new goodies in it already. If you don't take the clock apart you would never no it wasn't the original so I'll go with it as I also want the original look to my car smile and it cost's a bundle to get that look !!! nutz The dash is almost done now ......finally!

pict0005.jpg

What do you think ? Look like it rolled off the assembly line ?

fgmcc

terry

Bones, the zip here is 45320.

Buster, That is one amazing looking Dash!! I had a 72 with that color interior back in 75. It didn't look as good as your does now! Mine was buckets/console too. The one I have now is bench. I have everything to switch it to buckets but I have the build sheet and it says bench so I'm having trouble making the choice.

confused

The only problem with the quartz clock conversions is that they don't make any of the grinding and clunking noises like the original. :rolleyes:

It sure sounds like the original clock is a simple wind-up clock with a 'lectric motor to occasionaly wind up the spring.

I checked out the link to Shiftworks ...and they are about a 10 minute drive from my house!!!I didn't even realize they were local.

Gonna check the place out sometime this week,I'll let you guys know what type of place they are.

If your interested.

Mike

Holly rot; nice find! No I don't have that one. That is a rare fin indeed. The 8 track in mine does work but sounds as good as it ever did (bad !) I run a aftermarket one (Sony explode)in the glove box as I drive a lot a miles.

terry

Yea, I thought it was a good deal for 20 bucks because, where else are you going to find one. The best part is it still plays and it sounds pretty good. Not my choice in music but hey... It works! eek

Pretty nice find there, Ill bet it shows the pure quality of the 1972 Chevrolet audio system!! I think thats a real neat item to have with the car though.

Tony

Any particular songs on there, or just music to enjoy? Id be curious as to a songlist if there is songs on it.

Most of what is on it is “Goodtime music by the Chevrolet Orchestra” but some of these are by the original artists.

Songs

Theme from “Love Story”

I’ll be home

Southern Rider

What the world needs now

Say a little prayer

Everybody’s out of town

We’ve only just begun

Does anybody really know what time it is?

Treat

For the good times

Ring of fire

Tennessee Waltz

What have they done to my song?

Ob-la-di Ob-la-da!

One less bell to answer

Mame

I want to be happy

Tea for two

The impossible dream

This land is your land

The battle hymn of the republic

God bless America

Then it has some waltzes and classical stuff no one has ever heard of.

confused