Dash pad

Leghome

Does anyone have a picture of the bottom of their dash pad. I've got the new clips but am not sure how to mount them to the pad. A couple of guys on here have told me they clip onto the bottom of the and have used silicone to hold them in place. My after market pad does not have any where to do this. I am taking the pad off to install new A/C vent deflectors and would like to put the clips on while I have it apart. So I am looking for some measurements or pictures to help get another part of this snowball completed. The CFO is upset to some extent because I keep coming up with other things that need mended on our 72.

Hey Larry...........you just gave me a reason to remove my pad as I've had a rattling speaker to look at. Here's some photos......

post-732-0-80932200-1431272571_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-05063500-1431272583_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-83068400-1431272595_thumb.jpg

post-732-0-87537000-1431272608_thumb.jpg

Thanks Murphy that helped a lot. My son in-law came up today and we got the clips all set. Epoxied the clips along with the screws plus put some epoxy and tooth picks in the holes where the cluster screws into the pad. I think I will let it sit until tomorrow to make sure the epoxy cures and then re drill the holes for the screws and hope everything holds.

sort of on topic...has anyone ever re-covered their own dash pad???..getting one fixed up here is non existant unless I want the 8 hr round trip to leo's to buy one or sending to the states for a re-do

saw one fella sprayed bedliner on his..looked kinda cool...just not for me

Here are a couple of the clips that the previous owner installed when he put on the after market dash pad. I went ahead and used four of them as I did not have to drill any more holes and also epoxied them along with the screws holding them on. I just went out to the garage and checked on them and they all seem to be holding really well will re install the pad tomorrow. I only hope I got the aligned correctly :nutz:

post-785-0-81720200-1431305664_thumb.jpg

post-785-0-33986700-1431305677_thumb.jpg

post-785-0-48036900-1431306021_thumb.jpg

post-785-0-03695700-1431306116_thumb.jpg

post-785-0-39685800-1431306128_thumb.jpg

Agreed Sam that is why I installed the original style on the two middle positions. Those two middle fell or got knocked off when I put the dash back in after the speaker upgrade.

Larry,

It looks like they may work ok but in the last picture I noticed a difference in the placement  between yours and the picture Murphy sent.  If you look at the clip on Murphy's where it does its rise up from the dash pad.  It looks on his that that rise happens on those clips on that side happens nearly 1/2 way into the area of the speaker but yours appears to be 1/3 of the way into that speaker.

Like Sam, said, the wider clips may present an issue in allowing alignment side to side.  I think I would have tired to cut them down to closer to the two factory ones you had.

Good Luck!!

Rob

The dash pad is installed and everything looks good. The problem I had with previous re installs I had were avoided this time by changing the two center clips to the ones I bought on E-bay. After I paid for those clips I found them at The Parts Place for about half of that.  Before on the re installs I always had trouble getting both sides to slide in. This time I laid the pad on top and it slid in very easily and all of the screws went with no problems. Rob had told me to take tooth picks and glus them into the stripped out holes. I used epoxy instead of glue and that worked great, also I epoxied the clips on along with screws. Thank you ROB and to Murphy for his pictures of the bottom of his pad. As others have said this is the greatest club in the world, very helpful and nonjudgmental in all responses.