Sticky door straps...

DMC

My car has been sitting in garage for a few years...long story...

Anyways, my inside door straps seem to be sticky. Anyone ever have this issue and know proper way to clean them?  Color is saddle brown vinyl and straps are in great shape, but have seem to become sticky from sitting or something...

It sounds to me like soneone may have used Armor-All, or another product like it, on the interior at some point in time. That stuff (junk in some peoples mind) will lay a nice shine on vinyl parts but will turn gummy after awhile. I would try a quality leather\vinyl cleaner on them.

Rob

My 1970 door panels get sticky/greasy and i have to give them a really good cleaning once in a while. I beleive this is actially something coming out of the vinyl. It is only on the molded side panels and no other surfaces. Your door straps might be doing the same thing.

GOOP Hand cleaner works on the sticky steering wheels. I'm sure you are having the same problem. Hard to find item. Harbor Freight sells it in the tube.

Carl

Any citrus type cleaner will take that [censored] off easy. I use armorall orange. The citrus breaks thru all that sticky stuff. In my opinion armoral is garbage. These cleaning wipes are golden though.