Elbow connector from valve cover to air cleaner

71MonteCarloMD

I have been searching for this last part to bring my 350 4bbl engine back to original with correct air cleaner. Yes, I have contacted Leo as he's still trying to locate it in his storage as local auto part stores does not catry it. I am checking to see if anyone know where I can get a hold of one as it does not have be NOS? Also What is the part number?

A remake of the old part # is still available thru G.M. and other parts carriers.. on Eckler's check the application, and it can be gotten cheaper thru gmparts direct with the part# below.

14101104 - TUBE

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm

http://www.elcaminostore.com/1983+gmc+caballero/el-camino-pcv-pipe-for-4-barrel-carburetor-1970-1987.html#null

83 07 15

My original 71 350 4BBL has a bent metal tube attached at the air cleaner with a rubber hose then a clip to hold the crankcase filter inside the air cleaner.

I added the left snorkel back in 72 since I didn't have A/C, there was lot's of room.

Bruce

post-76-0-01762200-1440880576_thumb.jpgpost-76-0-13345600-1440880580_thumb.jpgpost-76-0-41251200-1440880584_thumb.jpgpost-76-0-75335500-1440880587_thumb.jpgpost-76-0-81650100-1440880593_thumb.jpgpost-76-0-68946400-1440880597_thumb.jpg

I just went out and took a few pictures.

The last one shows the square hole, the crankcase filter goes into.

(This last picture was taken of my spare air cleaner that's why it's bare steel.)

Bruce

• 1 month later...

I received the part and it's a perfect fit to the valve cover!  I am wondering what kind of black paint for this elbow tube and the air cleaner?  Are they same color?

Also the rubber "hose" from elbow tube to the breather, is there a specific part number for this?

Rick

I used some left over heater hose, it worked.

What color is the tube now?

If I recall correctly, mine was a strange almost transparent black. It may have been some sort of plating, or "DIP" priming was popular then.

I was fortunate to be at DuPont back then and sprayed what was called "Black Dip" primer on many of my under hood parts, It's no longer available. If over reduced, it will mostly run off and the film build is too thin or almost see-through.

As to my air cleaner assembly, I went with super high gloss black IMRON. It's wrong, but so is the second air inlet I added.

The black dip primer baked at 400 F so I couldn't use it on the base or the rubber in the vacuum diaphragms for the inlet doors would have melted. (They leak now anyway and are disconnected)

Bruce

IMO, if you want it to be as delivered from the factory, don't paint it, just leave it as it is.

It reminds me of what mine looked like prior to me painting it low gloss black.

It's not rusty so it must have a coating on it.

BTW, That valve cover looks great!

Bruce