Brake bleeding

pocobill7t1

Ok i'm helping my neighbor with Is 65 Mustang. He's going from a single pot to do Duel pot Power unit.

We have Bench bled the master cylinder, and have bled all the lines to all four corners. Problem is we can't seem to get the brake pedal to be firm. All the air bubbles seem to e out of the lines. Any one have any ideas of what we are doing wrong?

Are they new shoes if so they may need to seat in.  When you blead the master was it level? did you use rubber lines back into the master? did you bleed brakes farthest to nearest to master? I'm assuming there are no leaks in the system. Just some more ideas.

I would bleed it more just to make sure all the air is out. Try leaving the reservoir cap off, open the bleeder on the right rear and let gravity push out the fluid. Let it flow for and keep the master cylinder full. When you think enough to fill the line front to back has come out got to the left rear and do the same thing. Then right front and left front. Sometimes when you pump the brakes to bleed them it will push the air back and forth but not out.

I can see exactly what you are doing wrong, your working on a FORD!!! LOL :)

You know Cory, when I saw that in his original post thought, boy is that a piece of low hanging fruit but I had chosen to just let it hang and not state the obvious but I also knew someone here would not be able to resist.  When you are right, you are right!!!

rob