Burlwood metal Dash

bigtankjones

It had metal tabs that went through and bent over behind from what I remember, I am pretty sure I used a few pieces of good double sided tape like what we use to reinstall moldings on a car also

• Like 1

It had metal tabs that went through and bent over behind from what I remember, I am pretty sure I used a few pieces of good double sided tape like what we use to reinstall moldings on a car also

I see the metal tabs next to the heater controls. I have some 3M tape. Will have to wait for warmer weather for that one.

Ditto , what Jared said , 3M caulk strips , seen this from the factory , in late 72 they eliminated the holes added a couple more tabs around the column and 3m style caulk strips , remember you may want to remove this again someday so do not use a glue or strong adhesive you may not get it back off

side note i have seen early 70 models with a dash insert that has about 1/8 missing from the top and no screw holes at the top

Leo

side note i have seen early 70 models with a dash insert that has about 1/8 missing from the top and no screw holes at the top

Leo

Yep, that's what came on my October '69-built SS from Van Nuys.  I thought some "idiot" former owner had cut the entire top lip off for some unknown reason so I replaced it with a complete unit.  I kept the "weird" one but it looks so bad (see gap all across the top edge in photo below) once you notice it that I would never install it again.

post-567-0-64816800-1460759911_thumb.jpg