Bucket Seat deal?

earle54

Ground-up currently has TMI pre-assembled buckets for 30% off. You have to purchase the bracket to which isn't cheap Designed for the Chevelle  they should work in the 70-72 Monte as well .

Anyone out there have a set of these ?? No reviews available on the site.

Nothing out there used, you could have recovered?

Was the seat material and pattern the same for a Chevelle and Monte? The picture of it looked different unless you will be getting matching material for the rear seat.

My 71 came with cloth, you don't see cloth in adds often.

Bruce

I have seen in person the TMI seats in Chevelles and they do look nice however a bit "bulky" looking compared to a stock bucket.  I haven't sat in a TMI seat so can't offer comments on comfort.  The TMI patterns look similar to OEM for the vinyl seats however are not exact and you will notice the difference when looking front to rear unless you get the matching rear cover from TMI.

Appreciate both responses, I have the correct buckets, however, they need to be recovered/restored which was I was planning to do.

I then saw the TMI pre-assembled & thought they looked as close to the original as I've seen & for the price, I probably should consider the option.

If I have mine redone, realistically it probably would be between $1500-1800.

Wanted to get some feedback to make the best decision.

The seat pattern was the same for the Chevelle & Monte, there really wasn't Monte option, pretty sure my buckets were from a Chevelle.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Check out Legendary Auto Interiors. I put the bolster kit in my 72 and am really pleased with the way they sit and look. The kit for the bucket seats was only around $500 + or - a few. They make a very good quality product and the past couple of years they have a discounted price after Thanksgiving thru the first of the year. I got the Bolster covers for the front, Both front and rear door panels for the doors and quarters and just the regular cover for the rear seat. I spent less than $1,500 total for my interior.

I have seen Sam's (Bones) Legendary seat covers with the bolsters and they are nice!!   Comparing Legendary to the TMI seats the Legendary look more "at home" in the Monte then the TMI.  Less bulk.  The seat covers and require foam should be cheaper than the TMI seats and required brackets.  Even if you had to buy new springs it would still be cheaper.

am i reading this right? 

http://www.legendaryautointeriors.com/2790/70-CHEVELLEMALIBUEL-CAMINO-BUCKETS---BLACK/detail.html

http://www.tmiproducts.com/products/1970-chevelle-sport-seat.html

for 400 i can have bucket seats? if thats the case ive been doing this all wrong. i almost just pulled the trigger on a set of recaros out of a cobalt ss for 500. cool seats and all but they wouldve looked way out of place. i just figured it was the cheapest option.

I'll probably have the largest collection of bucket seats east of the Mississippi River... lol

But yes you're still cheaper to buy a set of originals and restore. As long as you don't pay top dollar for garbage

I hesitate to price a set at 600. But if they have good back plastic, side plastic and perfect headrest I will ask 550, my combo package deal is seats, complete console, floor shift column, for 1100 obo.

I have also seen some garbage for big money and it's just ridiculous