Bucket Seat floor brackets

71 MONTE 4 YA

Hello all I purchased some factory bucket seat floor brackets a couple years ago. They are the ones toward the console. What will I need if anything to mount the outside towards the doorsill? Thanks....Rodney

Mine were welded in. I assume after they had been attached to a seat to make sure of correct placement. I do not know because all of those mods were done when I purchased the car 5 years ago.

Sounds like you bought the two piece kit. I suggest you sell those and get the 4 piece kit. The 4 piece kits are the way it was done from the factory.  If you use the 2 piece kit your seats will sit crooked. They will also rub your seat belt retractors. They are not worth installing. They are not correct. Do yourself a favor and do it right the first time. You will be happy you did.

Sounds like you bought the two piece kit. I suggest you sell those and get the 4 piece kit. The 4 piece kits are the way it was done from the factory.  If you use the 2 piece kit your seats will sit crooked. They will also rub your seat belt retractors. They are not worth installing. They are not correct. Do yourself a favor and do it right the first time. You will be happy you did.

These are actual factory brackets removed from a donor car. These are not aftermarket. I think I'm going to need the two front pieces with the studs for the sides towards the door.

Rodney, check with scrappydo. He has a thread in the for sale forum. He's parting out a bucket seat car now.

Dan

Dan I already have. He didn't find it feasible for the work he would have to do to remove them. He's four hours away from me

Quick question. Can I just somehow move the studs that's on the floor already from the bench location? Anyone got pictures of both buckets and bench seat floorboards? Thanks.....Rodney

On my factory bucket seat car the rear track bolts down into a floor brace.

Yes Rob. I'm aware that at the rear I'll be able to use the original outer bolt holes in the floor. My concern is the front outer mounting points. Some say that I will have to relocate the stud from the original bench seat location.

• 5 weeks later...

Hope this helps... on my 70 parts car,both outer front mounts were bolts, the rest were studs...make sure that the spacing on your seat tracks are roughly 15 inches give or take front to back...I know other gm cars had a shorter distance roughly 12 inches....My 72 Custom has a different stud/ bolt hole arrangement than the 70. I'm not too sure about the 71's...What i did on my first 72 which was a bench car,used the original outer mounts and drilled where it should sit and bolted right through into nuts with washers....I didnt get any pics of that though..... Anyone else that can chime in to help?

post-712-0-44759200-1483758415_thumb.jpgpost-712-0-52538600-1483758440_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Hope this helps... on my 70 parts car,both outer front mounts were bolts, the rest were studs...make sure that the spacing on your seat tracks are roughly 15 inches give or take front to back...I know other gm cars had a shorter distance roughly 12 inches....My 72 Custom has a different stud/ bolt hole arrangement than the 70. I'm not too sure about the 71's...What i did on my first 72 which was a bench car,used the original outer mounts and drilled where it should sit and bolted right through into nuts with washers....I didnt get any pics of that though..... Anyone else that can chime in to help?

attachicon.gifseat brack.jpgattachicon.gifseat brack2.jpg

Thanks for the pictures!

• 4 weeks later...

I originally had a bench car, and ended up buying the cheap inner bracket set.  I anchored the seat into the rear outside point with the brackets on the seat, and welded them into place with the seat tracks parallel to each other and the rocker.  Because the front corner ends up raised, keeping you from being able to just run a bolt into the floor, I made brackets out of steel and carriage bolts using a 66 Chevelle for a template.  I may be able to draw a template that you can use, I made it using tin snips/grinder, a file, bench vise, and a battery-powered drill.  However, if I didn't already have the cheap brackets I would have bought the reproduction tracks from the vendors.

This is the bracket welded into the floor:

IMG_20160515_190146317_zpsa3ve95zv.jpg

I originally had a bench car, and ended up buying the cheap inner bracket set.  I anchored the seat into the rear outside point with the brackets on the seat, and welded them into place with the seat tracks parallel to each other and the rocker.  Because the front corner ends up raised, keeping you from being able to just run a bolt into the floor, I made brackets out of steel and carriage bolts using a 66 Chevelle for a template.  I may be able to draw a template that you can use, I made it using tin snips/grinder, a file, bench vise, and a battery-powered drill.  However, if I didn't already have the cheap brackets I would have bought the reproduction tracks from the vendors.

This is the bracket welded into the floor:

IMG_20160515_190146317_zpsa3ve95zv.jpg

That looks good Cody!