Need new fiberglass hood

mrsnstr

Hello,

Car has been out of commission for 2 years so im painting the car and i need a new 2 inch cowl hood. What is the best place that has quality product that is not to overly priced.

Any help is appreciated.

Dom,

sent you a PM back smile thanks

Sam can you post a pic of your hood?, also how was the quality of the fiberglass, was it straight?

I just want to buy my hood from the best source of fiberglass parts supplier. smile

what size cowl do you want?

if it's a 3 1/2-4"...I would go with the composite one like Bill (502ci) bought, this is the one I'm buying wink

2" go with Glasstek, do not buy the 2" from carhoods.com

mine is from "USBODY" AND IT TOOK A TON OF WORK TO GET IT DECENT!!!!

the amount of labor in mine is crazy

Anybody ever use that place out of Tampa? Not sure of the name, but I think its web site is carhoods.com.

What size are you looking for?

If it is a 4" one I am pretty sure they sell the exact "same" hood I purchased from US Body. It has the "same" pictures showing on both sites, last time I checked the price was the same also. Expensive but worth it as it is show quality particularly on the bottom which most aren't...it is listed as a 3 1/2" hood for whatever reason but it is a 4" cowl.

Bill

Guest Evil Austin

I would love a 2" cowl, and the glasstek site only looks like it has 4" . . . ?! Anybody have any idea or just call them and ask for it ?

-EA

Guest Evil Austin

Just had a chat with a guy from glasstek, said that the 2" is no longer available, if I wanted it, it was a 12 week wait, and custom, so much more expensive. Told me to just go with the 4" frown

-EA

Just had a chat with a guy from glasstek, said that the 2" is no longer available, if I wanted it, it was a 12 week wait, and custom, so much more expensive. Told me to just go with the 4" frown

-EA

Do not settle for a 4", shop around or wait.

A 4" is for a specific look and taste or a necessity if you race and need the height. I have a 4" and it is not for the weak of heart... grin

Bill

Guest Evil Austin

Oh there is no way in hell I was going to settle for a 4" cowl on a street car. . . I still have to see around it ! I will just keep my eye open. Plus the car is going to be in primer for a year or so, and I do my own body, so maybe having a rough start USBody wouldn't be too much of a pain. . .

-EA

I say go 4" and then fill it up with BIG MOTOR! Seriously, I have a 4" one and unless you have plans for an engine with a tall single plain intake I'd go with 2". It's a sleek look that a SS FGMC should have came with from the factory.

Make one yourself out of steel!!!! You can buy the cowl from an add in the back of Super Chevy Magazine for $180 shipped. You said you do your own body work so it shouldn't be a big deal. I'm making my second one right now. See my web site for ideas on the infra structure to make it a real cold air induction.

editorschoice1.jpg

Steve