Need new fiberglass hood

mrsnstr

Everyday....lol

Actually, at the time I got the right price for it ($38k) and the new owner takes very good care of it. I'm sure in todays market I could have gotten more for it but it was the right move to make at the time. And if it hadn't been for the sale of that car I wouldn't have had the 402/4spd car that in the end sold for a lot more than that. Now I have my SS454, so it just goes to show when one chapter ends a new one begins.

I just started to set up the new hood last night. Tonight I'll start cutting it to fit the contours of the hood.....I'll keep you updated!

Steve

I spoke with my body guy and after I told him how much taht hood was shipped he said he will fix the one I have. The body is 3 coats primer now wit the exception of the hood. Should I go get the interior done before paint?

I'll 3rd that. The carpet and everything else will be nothing but a mess and filled with Dust!

Hey Steve...That SS is going for 6 figures right? You keep getting closer and closer to the magic 100,000 dollar mark. grin

$$$$$$ BB

Spoke to Glasstech today. They do not stock 2" cowl hoods for Monte's. However, if you would like one you purchase hood, scoop from them and pay $180 for custom order. Total for 2" cowl hood for our cars is $700.

Definately pricey, but I heard they make the best quality fiberglass hoods.

Dan

Guest 72yellowmc
Spoke to Glasstech today. They do not stock 2" cowl hoods for Monte's. However, if you would like one you purchase hood, scoop from them and pay $180 for custom order. Total for 2" cowl hood for our cars is $700.

Definately pricey, but I heard they make the best quality fiberglass hoods.

Dan

I agree best cowl hoods on the market. cool

Guest caddycarlo
what size cowl do you want?

if it's a 3 1/2-4"...I would go with the composite one like Bill (502ci) bought, this is the one I'm buying wink

2" go with Glasstek, do not buy the 2" from carhoods.com

mine is from "USBODY" AND IT TOOK A TON OF WORK TO GET IT DECENT!!!!

the amount of labor in mine is crazy

I got mine from us body source like 15 years ago and it was great plus it pulled like 75 lbs off the front of the car

I got mine from us body source like 15 years ago and it was great plus it pulled like 75 lbs off the front of the car

You might be mistaken on the weight savings...a stock steel hood with latch and insulation weighs "no more" than 78 pounds. Racing pin on fiberglass ones I would think gotta weigh more than 3 pounds.

Bill