Brake Caliper rebuild before/after

15 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

Here's a few pics showing one of my calipers after I took it apart and rebuilt it. 

IMG_1616.JPG

IMG_1613.JPG

IMG_1634.JPG

IMG_1636.JPG

IMG_1637.JPG

How did you get the new bleeder caps to fit? I ordered a set from inline and they were way to big. I ended up using my original set. 

20 hours ago, MC1of80 said:

Great job! Looks fantastic! Is the piston new? Did you get a complete rebuild kit? 

Yes I bought new pistons and the seal kit. It literally cost me like $13 per caliper for parts.  

13 hours ago, willie said:

Nice job Ron!!!!    What did you clear it with?

Actually after I got all of the rust off I sprayed them with ceramic cast iron color paint. 

6 hours ago, Dtret said:

How did you get the new bleeder caps to fit? I ordered a set from inline and they were way to big. I ended up using my original set. 

Interesting.. I bought mine from Inline Tube as well. Do you know what size your bleeder screws are? I will say this, I bought a set of bleeder screws from Inline Tube and they were too small. Had they fit the bleeder caps wouldn't have fit either.

10 hours ago, 1Bad454 said:

Interesting.. I bought mine from Inline Tube as well. Do you know what size your bleeder screws are? I will say this, I bought a set of bleeder screws from Inline Tube and they were too small. Had they fit the bleeder caps wouldn't have fit either.

Factory 3/8-24 bleeder. 

3B56C28C-DB4C-4430-B11B-9E5B0124A9C2.jpeg

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

Factory 3/8-24 bleeder. 

3B56C28C-DB4C-4430-B11B-9E5B0124A9C2.jpeg

O by the way. Thanks for that I had the brakes all assembled and I saw how good your calipers looked in cast color I had to rip mine all back apart and repaint cast. They were semi black. I like the cast much betterer. Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dtret said:

O by the way. Thanks for that I had the brakes all assembled and I saw how good your calipers looked in cast color I had to rip mine all back apart and repaint cast. They were semi black. I like the cast much betterer. Lol

I did mine semi black too, the cast looks way better but I'm not going to tear it back apart but when I rebuild the original ones I will.  Yea where did you get the kit with piston for $13.00 each I will definitely order a set.

• Like 1

Yes, was on rock auto. Hence the question. Lol. It cost you more than 13 a caliper but still beats a rebuilt or even new caliper by a ton! I have been pondering on which way to go. With yours looking as good as they do, I believe you convinced me into rebuilding, restoring a few sets of calipers I  have "in stock" lol

• Like 1