Chrome trim under 70 headlight

Gregs70

5 minutes ago, Glen said:

You guys responding to “Scott S.” need to consider the likelihood that he’s here trolling. 

I hope I’m wrong ...

You are, sir... Sorry. 

I'm just trying to get as much help figuring out the history of my car as possible. This site has been quite the fountain of information. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scott S. said:

You are, sir... Sorry. 

I'm just trying to get as much help figuring out the history of my car as possible. This site has been quite the fountain of information. Thanks.

Sorry, Scott... it’s my pessimistic side talking. I hope you’re able to unravel your mystery. 

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

Hey Scott S.,

Oftentimes you can find your VIN stamped on the flux capacitor.   Remove the ‘Z’ pin just to the left of gigglesnort valve to access it. 

You’re welcome. 

Is that left or right of the shiny thing sticking out of the rusty thing ???? LOL

Just now, Scott S. said:

Is that left or right of the shiny thing sticking out of the rusty thing ???? LOL

Neither.... directly UNDER the shiny thing sticking out of the rusty thing. 😂😂

1 minute ago, Glen said:

Sorry, Scott... it’s my pessimistic side talking. I hope you’re able to unravel your mystery. 

No problem.... I bought the car a couple years ago as a "retirement hobby" and it's been an adventure.

Looks like the last owner just slapped a lot of things together just to make it look pretty.

1 minute ago, Scott S. said:

No problem.... I bought the car a couple years ago as a "retirement hobby" and it's been an adventure.

Looks like the last owner just slapped a lot of things together just to make it look pretty.

All BS’ing aside, sorry to hear that you got stuck with a Frankenstein.  There’s very few things I hate more than shysters and those who misrepresent or conceal things to make a sale or quick buck. 

9 minutes ago, Scott S. said:

So, Chevelle Stuff is correct ???

Yes.

Our body tag decoding page also does not state anywhere that the body tag should match the VIN.

7 minutes ago, Canuck said:

Yes.

Our body tag decoding page also does not state anywhere that the body tag should match the VIN.

SWEET !!! 

So all I need to do is confirm that the F is actually a B..... 

Thanks a ton !!

10 minutes ago, Glen said:

All BS’ing aside, sorry to hear that you got stuck with a Frankenstein.  There’s very few things I hate more than shysters and those who misrepresent or conceal things to make a sale or quick buck. 

Oh well, at least it gives me something to play with. LOL

Thought I was safe buying it from a "high end" classic car dealer. My Bad...

For those who don't know or couldn't picture the difference... The blue 70 is for the lower chrome moulding. The tan one is for cars without. Tan one is a 71 but mainly for comparison.

PXL_20210626_141929409.jpg

PXL_20210626_141934687.jpg

• Like 2