Correct spacing for vinyl top trim from pinch weld

Big Jim

Jim-your car looks fantastic. You have made a huge amount of progress since the last pics.

Carl

Hey Jim, First off let me say, your car is looking great! Love that color.

As for the vinyl top trim, I just measured mine. These measurements are to the center of the studs. At the front it is 1 3/8", at the rear corner 1 1/2". Down the side, 1 1/2" at the top and 1 11/16 at the bottom. You should be able to lay it out and the rest should fall into place. If you need any other measurements let me know. I will be putting on my vinyl roof this Saturday.

You don't happen to have a spare right corner trim do you? Just thought I'd ask.

Jim,

I measured mine with a tape measure.. rough measurement 1.5 inch from the center of drip rail to center of vinyl trim. The measurement is on a 70 with halo. The measurement seems pretty uniform throughout the length of the drip rail. Hope it helps!

Rod

now you make me want to check my although it should be the same as rods. i always though it was 1/4" relave between the drip rail and the vinly top chrome. as far the the chrome goes i would lay it out from the back and work your way forward. with a 71 and 72 top it just runs to the front window so you dont have to worry about that piece of chrome. paint job looks good jim.

Jim,

just thinking? Doesn't the trim have some kind of reference mark on it! In the way of a weathered mark? Unless you polished the chrome? The car is looking very nice, take pride in some of that sweat equity.. paint color sweet! I like the manifolds, is that a black or Grey on them? progress pics.. cool

Rod

Sunburst Metallic Orange or fusion orange. The corvette version is Atomic Orange. The manifolds are high temp black paint and the heated the manifold with a torch before painting it. I stripped and repainted the trim and cleaned it with steel wool. No marks.

Thanks for the compliments.

I'm getting excited now.