A-Arm flaps

Greg wants to be sure.............

do all montes have the A-Arm Flaps on the front inner wheel wells?

He thinks so but he has seen many with & many without & wasn't sure if some people just never put them back on or what.

Thanks!

I think they all came originally with them. Now the Cowl Screens are a different thing. I don't think they all came with those.

Cowl Screens...who wants BIG HUGE UGLY HOLES in their Firewall? Cover them up with Cowl Screens......PLEASE! mad

50k car, with no $29.99 cowl screens, things like this make me hot. Cars without those things, especially the high dollar cars, make the car look unfinished, and worth a lot less, its like paying 10k to have a car painted, and put the original crusty pitted emblems back on. Things like this really get under my skin.

Yes, all cars to my knowledge come with the A-arm flaps. smile

As for as the Cowl Screens, why would the cars come with holes in the firewall? Good place for leaves, and trash to build up and cause rust. I can't really answer if they did or didn't, who has saw these Montes when they was new? Did they have them?

They all came with flaps, but personally I think it's a much cleaner look without the flaps if you have a nice engine compartment. If someone had custom a-arms, why would you want to cover them up.

I just replaced the A-Arm flaps on my '71 MC with plastic inner fenders. With plastic inner fenders each flap should be held on with two metal clips and 5 staples. With the metal inner fenders the flap is held on with 7 staples and no metal clips. The staples that come with the replacements are very stiff and hard to form by one person. I replaced them with staples made from 17 gauge solid aluminum wire. I made the ends about 1 1/2 inches long and drilled two 1/16 inch holes for each staple through the inner fender and the new flap. Once the staple is put through the holes from the engine side you can easily bend them over and cut them to correct length from the tire side of the inner fender. In most cases the factory installed flaps never had the correct number of staples (usually fewer) and many only had one end of the staple through the inner fender.

As everyone has said, yes they did come with the inner flaps, or they were supposed to. I have seen Chevelles with 3,000 original miles delivered without them, but they also had all the SS emblems installed upside down and other quirks that were done shortly after a strike was settled. Seems it was the way to get back at GM after the strike was to do stuff to the cars. So there are exceptions. George

• 3 weeks later...
Cowl Screens...who wants BIG HUGE UGLY HOLES in their Firewall? Cover them up with Cowl Screens......PLEASE! mad

50k car, with no $29.99 cowl screens, things like this make me hot. Cars without those things, especially the high dollar cars, make the car look unfinished, and worth a lot less, its like paying 10k to have a car painted, and put the original crusty pitted emblems back on. Things like this really get under my skin.

As for as the Cowl Screens, why would the cars come with holes in the firewall? Good place for leaves, and trash to build up and cause rust. I can't really answer if they did or didn't, who has saw these Montes when they was new? Did they have them?

tsk tsk tsk Jared jared jared..... why oh why does it bother you so bad? SOME people like their car stock. SOME people do not like barn red heater hoses and barn red spark plug wires. It is a matter of taste my friend. I'm not putting them on my 70 because its stock and not modified. I'm more interested in my car being just like it was when it left the factory. If you have a monte with them, chances are they were added on sometime after it left the factory and thats fine if thats what you like, but why get "hot" about it? its just a CHEAP PLASTIC ACCESSORY and it is not a big deal.

you say it looks unfinished. but in reality a stock appearing car with cowl screens could be thought of as "over-done" because many experts (one of these experts knows more about montes than we'll ever dream of) say that he believes they didn't come that way and if one did, its just a strange anomoly.

its just the top of the cowl, sure it has big gaping holes in it. thats the way they came!!!!!!!!!

That Boy sure is passionate about his Monte parts isn't he...lol

Although I too prefer to have the screens....but then ours is a long way from stock.

As stock as we are trying to keep mine - I had to have those cowl screens on it - looked too goofy without them. And we did put the A-arm flaps on it too.

Right now she is back in the garage with the hood up (sigh)..at least she had a nice weekend away.