LS5 Dual Snorkel Air Cleaner

This was offered from what I understand on non cowl induction LS5 Chevelles and a very expensive rare piece. LS6 non cowl also had a dual using the 402 style Air cleaner snorkeIs. (Plan on building one of those)

I used 2 454 standard Air cleaners and made this one also deleted the round things on the spouts..

I made sure to butcher the later Air cleaners for HEI not the early Monte correct ones.

Turned out nice. I think the 1980s 305 Air cleaners have the same spout too.

20211202_131301.jpg

20211203_135554.jpg

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Jared Richey said:

This was offered from what I understand on non cowl induction LS5 Chevelles and a very expensive rare piece. LS6 non cowl also had a dual using the 402 style Air cleaner snorkels. (Plan on building one of those)

I used 2 454 standard Air cleaners and made this one also deleted the round things on the spouts..

I made sure to butcher the later Air cleaners for HEI not the early Monte correct ones.

Turned out nice. I think the 1980s 305 Air cleaners have the same spout too.

20211202_131301.jpg

20211203_135554.jpg

Solid work! And the engine compartment looks nice!

I added a second snorkel to my '79 Cutlass filter housing back in the early '90s - don't remember what i ever did with it...
Anyhow, literally, I was just going through the list of things to help tidy up my engine compartment. I'll start a seperate thread.

Again, nice job!