Not as cool as Sam's...

MADMAC

but heres a couple pictures of my SBC 355, 4 bolt main I'm building. I questioned the machinist I've always used because the block didn't seem to be as clean as I thought it should've been. But he assured me he boiled it and everything was fine. He told me "The Man" has been cracking down on him. Now he's gotta use more "friendly" alkaline based baths. But it's a whole lot clener than it was...

Mypictures043.jpg

MoreMontePics008.jpg

MoreMontePics010.jpg

My first attempt at deburring a block. I got all the major flash off the edges and around the oil boss assembly and ground all numbers off the exterior.

MoreMontePics006.jpg

Now I just have to wait for the primer to cure and then I'll post pictures of the finished product. (At least as far as paint goes.)

I don't know if I'll end up doing the heads. We'll see whenever I end up getting some new ones. The pair I had were a good cast but they ended up having small cracks mad, but whenever I get some new ones I'll just have to see how sloppy they are. Even then, I don't know because it took me FOREVER! and I didn't even smooth the whole block. But hey, it's not gonna be a show car or anything.(and like I said no one will ever know but me cool)

Here's a few more of my Small block.

355cuin015.jpg

355cuin006.jpg

My buddy who took this picture said "the Fonz!" right as he snapped the picture...I couldn't stop laughing!

355cuin007.jpg

And look! I'm actually smiling... nutz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...