Site issues

Ian

All,

A couple people have told me that the site either locks up on them, or is real slow to load. When it happens I need to know what Browser you are using, such as IE6, IE7, Firefox 2 or 3, AOL, etc. Also if you have the right side options turned on, I.E. are you showing the Shout Box?

I run Firefox3 and have not seen it lock up on my computers in a long time... I have asked a couple of the guys over at UBB site if they have seen it, and they say that it may just be an IE thing and that there is not much that can be done..

But if we can get some more data and specifics it might get fixed...

Please post the results here in as much detail as you can...

Thanks,

Ian

i have AOL, and the only thing i have ever seen is the shout box lock up and i need to refresh the page to get it going again. No big deal.

OH and my virus shield wont let me in the chat room for nothing.... even when i beg it!!!

Steve

Sam is it slow to load every time, or just the first time? I know sometimes I bring up the main forum page and it take a little while, but moving around in the topics and pages it is ok...

Ian

Ian,

FireFox 2.0.0.16 on Windoze XP Pro

Pages load in a reasonable amount of time considering I'm pulling it across the pond to Q8.

Every now and then I'll get an HTTP 404 error on the boards themselves but generally have wrote it off as the hosting server is too busy, or maybe under going back ups. A lot of the times I see it is during typical ISP / Hosting maintenance hours, my 8 am is your 1am so I can see the hosting site doing server maintenance then when traffic is less.

I will say tho...Since the upgrade I've seen less HTTP errors and better page performance over all.

Okay, I'm a little miffed, I get that way when I can't figure something out!! LOL

Why is it in UBBC code that when I put pictures up they go where they darn well please? What is the code for to insert a space between pictures?

I'm seeing a lot of folks post pictures and they all seem to render the same way since the latest upgrade. That is to say, all jumbled together with no spaces between them.

Is it just me?

Greg I am not 100% sure this is what you are talking about but there are a couple different tags you can try... I also used html markup..

Ian

Code:
This is plainfrontshot1.jpg

This is left[img:left]http://ian.thenovingers.com/frontshot1.jpg[/img]

This is right[img:right]http://ian.thenovingers.com/frontshot1.jpg[/img]

This is centered[img:center]http://ian.thenovingers.com/frontshot1.jpg[/img]

This is plain

frontshot1.jpg

This is left

frontshot1.jpg

This is right

frontshot1.jpg

This is centered

frontshot1.jpg

Arrrrrr. Okay, I see what you guys are doing, that seems to be a "bug" in the upgraded code. It's very minor tho. Really not a big deal, I did try HTML only I used the wrong syntax with [ ] instead of < > DOH!

Originally Posted By: TN454Monte
Allan, the Monte looks SAH-weet in that pic!

Thanks man, It looks great from 20'. I will make it look that good up close soon enough. smile

LOL..well patches needs about 50 feet and I need to be running about 80 and she look just fine, so don't feel bad! .....although my crazy [censored] wife just entered patches in a car show...DOH!!! nutz (See the post "Always wear clean Underwear!! " in the non tech forum)...LOL

I was having trouble the other day, then I just tried it and it is working... It might be their site...

Ian

I have found our site to be very slow refreshing between 1 am and....now 4:15 am....then again, I should go back to bed & not worry about it! lol

• 1 month later...

Well I'm also having a promblem with this site taking a long time to load. but its only here. I have IE, has anyone got a fix for this yet?

Also I'm having trouble posting a signature? I cant post ANYTHING cause its states its too long, even one word is too long? Anyone know whats up with this